Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Getting qualifications recognised in Italy - ADVICE PLEASE!

Getting qualifications recognised in Italy - ADVICE PLEASE!

Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

genzana is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Getting qualifications recognised in Italy - ADVICE PLEASE!

My boyfriend and I are thinking of leaving Italy for a while to spend some time in New Zealand, and then returning. While there, he hopes to upskill himself in one or two fields that might lead to work when back in Italy.

He's particularly interested in electrical engineering and electronics, and is part-qualified as an electrician. Does anyone have experience of using foreign electrical qualifications of any kind in Italy?

What are folks' experiences with transferring qualifications in general here?
I've heard some horror stories about very long struggles to get degrees recognised.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:26 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting qualifications recognised in Italy - ADVICE PLEASE!

Originally Posted by genzana
My boyfriend and I are thinking of leaving Italy for a while to spend some time in New Zealand, and then returning. While there, he hopes to upskill himself in one or two fields that might lead to work when back in Italy.

He's particularly interested in electrical engineering and electronics, and is part-qualified as an electrician. Does anyone have experience of using foreign electrical qualifications of any kind in Italy?

What are folks' experiences with transferring qualifications in general here?
I've heard some horror stories about very long struggles to get degrees recognised.
Try and get in touch with Littleone on this thread and ask her what they did (or didn't) manage to do.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...qualifications
Old Aug 7th 2009, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

bolognagirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi genzana,
I have no info for you about electricians' qualifications, but I do have experience in having qualifications "translated" (equiparazione)for use here in Italy.
After much heartache trying to get my British University degree recognised here in Italy (I needed an offical document attesting the validity and stating that it was the equivalent of an Italian Uni degree) I went to my local Italian Consulate in the UK and they did it for me - free!
I had to hand in quite a bit of paperwork about the courses I had done, marks, etc, and translate everything from English to Italian (the accepted my own translation, no need to pay to get it done professionally) but everything was returned to me completed in about 3 weeks.
Perhaps you guys could approach the Italian Consulate in NZ?
Good luck!
Ciao
Old Aug 8th 2009, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

genzana is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks both for the good advice!
Littleone hasn't made further progress since that post.
Italy has an embassy in New Zealand, so perhaps I can try there.