British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   Free UK TV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/free-uk-tv-611130/)

jdr Jul 8th 2009 1:43 am

Re: Free UK TV

Originally Posted by ellybelly (Post 7733695)
o you mean you have subscribed to British tv on filmon? Do you get all British tv? How do I go about it please?

Read post 1, then the rest of the thread.

bricwood Jul 10th 2009 6:17 pm

has anyone tried freesat, on there website they will fit them in europe, or you could fit it your self, they must have installation instructions

ellybelly Jul 11th 2009 10:55 pm

I don't really unerstand the reply to my question(some of us are duffers without the name)Is there a way to get British tv online even if you have to pay for it? I have seen that it's not that great but it's good to have a choice and as my OH likes to watch Sky then I can at least watch something on my pc.

jdr Jul 11th 2009 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by ellybelly (Post 7745333)
I don't really unerstand the reply to my question(some of us are duffers without the name)Is there a way to get British tv online even if you have to pay for it? I have seen that it's not that great but it's good to have a choice and as my OH likes to watch Sky then I can at least watch something on my pc.

Click on the mouse when the cursor is on the red button that says "DOWNLOAD" on this page HERE

ellybelly Jul 12th 2009 8:57 pm

OK, it's back. I have just watched GMtv. Sometimes I get a message on BBC2 saying that my subscription has run out but then it comes back again. As we say here in Naples "va a capire" I suppose they are just running from another site until that gets cut off. As nobody else mentioned it they must have just carried on watching!

duffer Jul 12th 2009 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by ellybelly (Post 7745333)

:frown: I'm not as fick as I is.

duffer Jul 12th 2009 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by bricwood (Post 7742317)
has anyone tried freesat, on there website they will fit them in europe, or you could fit it your self, they must have installation instructions

Depending on where you live you'd need a big dish pointing at Astra 2D @ 28.2 degrees east for Freesat. I'm in Vicenza, NE Italy and have a 125cm offset dish and get all the Freesat channels 24/7.

jdr Jul 12th 2009 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by ellybelly (Post 7747765)
OK, it's back. I have just watched GMtv. Sometimes I get a message on BBC2 saying that my subscription has run out but then it comes back again. As we say here in Naples "va a capire" I suppose they are just running from another site until that gets cut off. As nobody else mentioned it they must have just carried on watching!

You managed it then ?

ellybelly Jul 13th 2009 7:42 pm

I didn't do anything; I just went back out of curiosity to see if it was still working.I still don't understand what happened but I don't care. I just hope it lasts through the summer.I'm going back to UK next week to stay with mum and I've often thought about getting a Sky box at her house and bringing it back here but mum says "I'm a bit worried about that. Is it legal?" She thinks I've lived in Naples too long. No comment.

duffer Jul 13th 2009 7:50 pm

It's not illegal to bring your UK Sky box to Italy. You'll just be breaking the terms of your contract with them. If you do sign up with Sky UK just make sure you tell them you have no phone line at the moment so you can bypass the need to have the digibox hooked up to a phone line for the first 12 months.

ellybelly Aug 15th 2009 8:38 pm

sorry to keep going on about this but film on has gone again. I have to admit that in this heat I just love to watch even morning tv.Has this happened to any of you too?