Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Florence adventure...

Florence adventure...

Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

internationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really nice
Default Florence adventure...

Hello all,

I'm planning a wee trip to Florence this weekend, thinking of headin up Friday night after work (hostel curfews permitting) and heading back down to Latina on Sunday afternoon. Having looked at the trenitalia website for train times and prices, I've discovered that there are several train stations in Florence, and I would be arriving at Campo di Marte late at night, and leaving from Rifredi on the Sunday. My question is: is it easy to get to Rifredi? It looks like it's quite a way out of the city! Also, if the trains are going south from Rifredi to Roma and beyond, would they not stop at Santa Maria Novella anyway, and could I just hop on there instead?

If anyone can offer any help 'twould be much appreciated!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Florence adventure...

Hi! The best way to get to Rifredi would be to take a train from Santa Maria Novella (the central train station). There are quite a few trains an hour that pass by there and it literally takes 5 mins, saves you wasting time on the bus if there is traffic. If it says on the website just Rifredi then it’s unlikely to stop in Santa Maria Novella. I take it you’re planning to get a regional / inter-regional train because they usually stop at the smaller stations. The quick Eurostar and Frecciarossas go in to Santa Maria Novella. Just give me a shout if you want any more info.
P.s The Plus Hostel in Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandria is supposed to be good
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

internationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really nice
Default Re: Florence adventure...

Aww thank you very much for that - very helpful indeed. I can't remember which train is was now that I was looking at, but it was the cheapest so I suppose it must be a regionale train. The one I'd come in on is an ICN, and only 28 euros which I think isn't bad!

Thanks for the accommodation recommendation as well, I'll have a look at that hostel now...