Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Fleximan in The Times

Fleximan in The Times

Old Jan 28th 2024, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Plan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud ofPlan B has much to be proud of
Default Fleximan in The Times

I read that Fleximan, the speed-camera attacker, in the Veneto has made the UK papers . The article also reports that some local mayors are suggesting that the damaged speed cameras should not be replaced because they were unpopular. Unfortunately I am no longer surprised at how low and venal those mayors can be.
Old Jan 28th 2024, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fleximan in The Times

I dont think Italians are interested in road safety. Salvini takes pride in resisting safety measures. There was some plan for 30kmh speed limits in cities that he blocked.
On the other hand there is someone killed on the road in Umbria almost every day.
Old Jan 28th 2024, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

daniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant future

According to the ETSC (European Transport Safety Council), the UK registered the lowest number of road deaths per million in 2012 - and the third lowest in 2022.

I sometimes wonder how people learn to drive here in Italy. (They drive on the 'wrong' side of the road anyway haha.)
Old Jan 29th 2024, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Salvini actually passed the law that encouraged 30km in cities, even giving funding forthe implementation, and then as he always does, protested against his own measure.
Old Jan 29th 2024, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
Salvini actually passed the law that encouraged 30km in cities, even giving funding forthe implementation, and then as he always does, protested against his own measure.
How is he doing with the bridge?
Old Jan 31st 2024, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

daniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by philat98
How is he doing with the bridge?
You mean the one across the Messina Strait or the one which collapsed in Genoa?
Old Jan 31st 2024, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by daniel_t
You mean the one across the Messina Strait or the one which collapsed in Genoa?
I was thinking of the Messina bridge. Not so long ago he said the project was a waste of money. I suspect he was right. He has changed his tune more recently.
Old Feb 2nd 2024, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Salvini is the fool's version of Trump. He actually believes the crap he spouts.
Old Feb 3rd 2024, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

National interests always trump whatever these populists claim to be fighting for.

It was comedy when Salvini got riled by Austria when the latter said they would consider granting Austrian nationality/citizenship to the German-speaking population (as determined by their pre-1919 ancestry) in South Tyrol, or Alto Adige as the Italians call it. The far-right ÖVP (Austrian People's Party) was in a coalition government with the now disgraced Sebastian Kurz at that time.

I remember speaking with some younger Austrians over lunch when I was in Vienna around that time. Most of them seemed to be taken in by Kurz's charisma, but I had reservations about this young chap. History has proven me right.
Old Feb 5th 2024, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Sgarbi is another rotten politician.He appears to have stolen a picture from a castle and disguised it by adding a candle into the corner. The culture minister said he couldn't stand him.
He is the mayor of a town Arpine that he has never visited and he is the culture councillor in Viterbo not much more visited. 20 years in a Hungarian prison would do him good.