Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

finance help needed

finance help needed

Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:11 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: finance help needed

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
You can laugh

I think I ought to write out a paragraph about laws and legislation and then whenever this ugly argument raises its head I can just copy and paste instead of repeating myself !

By the way ......... thought you did need residence to legally purchase a car.
Maybe we should update the Wiki with this type of info and all the Mods can have links to it in their signatures or somefink like dat innit?
Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:16 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

That's okay. Unfortunately many of us here know that different things can get told by different so called Italian office workers. Not all of the comune workers seem to be as well informed as others on the subject and the new regulations.

They all get updates and are supposed to know more than us but not all of them actually do which is a great shame. It doesn't surprise me to learn that you were asked for a P di S to open a bank account.

Once upon a time almost everybody in any official capacity in Italy thought you needed one for everything whether they were right or wrong. It had almost taken on the same importance as the Holy Grail. Almost as bloody hard to get it too.

A traffic cop once asked me for documents. I gave him car papers, license and identity card. He asked where my P di S was.

I told him that I wasn't at all obliged to carry it around with me as I had my identity card (and you didn't get that without a P di S).

He snarled "it is for us to decide what your obligations are and certainly not you madam!"

I wanted to tell him to shove his head where the sun don't shine but knew it was much better to keep quiet.

He made a big show of looking at every word on my papers and then said I could drive off.

I knew I was right - he knew I was right - he just didn't like it. Couldn't do anything about it though as I was right !!!!!

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Feb 25th 2009 at 1:20 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:17 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
Maybe we should update the Wiki with this type of info and all the Mods can have links to it in their signatures or somefink like dat innit?
I'll look into it but does anybody know if people go to the Wiki section here or do they just get straight in with a new thread about their question ?
Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I'll look into it but does anybody know if people go to the Wiki section here or do they just get straight in with a new thread about their question ?
I found people don`t even look at the latest threads and just post usually.
I had a sticky thread in spain with loads of info in, but they still post questions that the answers to are in there.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:26 pm

That's what I thought.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:28 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul.Redmond
Hi Lorna,

Appologies for any confusion. Becuase I needed to bring my wife here, I had to go through all the hoops although I was told by Banca di Roma that they would not open a bank account for me without PDSG. Hopefully now things are more simple
Unfortunately, that's also a case of who you know, my estate agent introduced us to the local B di R office before we had sorted anything official out and we opened a proper account - not a tourist account - with just our CFs.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice

I'm not sure how many times I have said this on other threads but I'll say it again.

EU CITIZENS DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT A PERMESSO DI SOGGIORNO IN ITALY. It has been abolished.

You can come to Italy with just a passport and stay for up to 3 months. Anybody planning on staying more than 3 months needs to go to the town hall (Comune) and ask for residency. A copy of the form can be seen here :
http://www.poliziadistato.it/pds/ps/...e_anagrafe.pdf

If you are not employed in Italy and paying taxes in Italy, you will be asked to provide proof of a means to support yourself here.... usually by providing recent bank statements.
The Italian law says that this cannot be lower than the Italian annual social services check. For 2008 this sum was 5.142.67 Euro. This is from the oficial Italian INPS website.

If you are not a pensioner or a retiree you will be asked to prove health cover as in a private health insurance.

Retirees should look into getting the form E121.

All this information can be had from the British Embasy website - The Department for Work and pensions and the Italian Polizia Di Stato.

I DID USE THE WORD MAYBE!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by giuliana
I DID USE THE WORD MAYBE!!!
My God Giuliana ........... honestly no offence was meant ---- and your post dates back a month ago.

The recent bout of talk on the hated P di S was concerned with somebody else's post and not yours at all ( yes I did personally cite you in one of mine though ).

As a regular member who has been around a while and now as a moderator that looks a little more carefully at posts I can honestly say this ............

It is so much better to have members that contribute and say their bit and carry on contributing and also take part in other threads and 'happy hour' and not just have ONE single post on line to get an advert in or a few replies and never post again. There are also people that "lurk" on here and never post. We prefer the ones that open their mouths !

That is not you as I know you have a lot of posts on here and an innocent mistake is easily corrected and overlooked. Free advertising or spamming is not.

And we don't really like lurkers either. Ask a question ......... post a comment .. please ! Join in !!!!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice

No offence taken. I was just saying in my experience (2002) That is what I had to do. I didn't want to mislead or give false information.
I know it was a month ago but I have just seen it
I find this forum useful and enjoy reading the threads.
I will be very careful next time about what I write, wouldn't want to offend or upset anyone.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by giuliana
No offence taken. I was just saying in my experience (2002) That is what I had to do. I didn't want to mislead or give false information.
I know it was a month ago but I have just seen it
I find this forum useful and enjoy reading the threads.
I will be very careful next time about what I write, wouldn't want to offend or upset anyone.
It wasn't abolished until 2007.

Keep posting
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

ok