Reload this Page >

Finally moved to Italy!

Finally moved to Italy!

Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:34 pm
Being Italianized

Samsonite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally moved to Italy!

Merry Christmas, one and all!

I finally moved to Italy a few weeks ago. I spent months trying to find a job and eventually got something by networking (not one job application was answered!).

A slighly cold start to my new life in Milan. Fairly heavy snow, but I like snow and I can walk to work, so it's no bother. Got a nice apartment, but the balcony will not get much use for a few months I guess!

I remember asking some dumb questions on this forum a while back, so thanks for your answers. I got everything sorted in the end.

Just, been back in Britain for Christmas, but spending the new year in Italy for a change.

I'm sure this post is of now interest to anyone, but I felt like posting something now that I have moved!!

Cheers
Old Dec 30th 2009, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice
Default Re: Finally moved to Italy!

I hope you enjoy your new life in Italy and well done in finding a job not an easy thing here
Old Dec 30th 2009, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

ForzaItalia21 is an unknown quantity at this point

It really is a question of not so much what you know but who you know in Italy when it comes to employment. I have found this to be the case time and time again with my translation work, but once you have taken the trouble to mix in with the right people and achieve a good reputation it pays dividends.

As for the weather, the winters are quite harsh in Milan which is famous for its fog, being in the Lombardy plain, but at least you have the long decent summers to look foward to. Having said that, I would now try and avoid Milan in August when it is far too hot and humid.

I'm off to Milan to see my parents in February and will try and get up to the lakes and mountains. I hope you enjoy your stay and try not to eat too much!

Last edited by ForzaItalia21; Dec 30th 2009 at 9:02 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

durobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud ofdurobird has much to be proud of

Welcome!!
I too moved here not long ago and got lots of help from this great forum. I hope you settle down soon.
Happy 2010.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 3:22 pm
Being Italianized

Samsonite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ForzaItalia21
I hope you enjoy your stay and try not to eat too much!
I probably am eating too much, but it has been Christmas! I was eating too much in London too, but I am eating healthier food in Milan and drinking a lot less beer, so I feel a lot healthier all round. The best thing is probably cutting out 4 hours of commuting per day
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Welcome and I hope you enjoy life in Milan, well done indeed in getting a job!!