Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

White Christmas

White Christmas

Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:05 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute
Default White Christmas

Salve
Just wondering what you make of this White Christmas story I've been hearing?
The one where they are rounding up illegal immigrants in the run up to Xmas?
T
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

JohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: White Christmas

'Illegal' means that they are here illegaly, so what should the authorities do, ignore them like they do in the UK until it's too late. As usual the press will turn it into a story on racial grounds.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 10:03 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

They could send them back for Xmas.
Jolly isn't it.
Old Dec 24th 2009, 9:15 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

I had to jump through hoops to stay and live here, all I want to do is retire walk on the beach and have a nice garden, I am not saying the Italian system is wrong its 100% right , if you are should not be here go
Old Dec 24th 2009, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Scratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond reputeScratcher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
They could send them back for Xmas.
Jolly isn't it.
Very jolly. I hope they continue to remove illegal immigrants all through the year, not just for christmas.

Scratcher
Old Dec 24th 2009, 12:26 pm
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

If you click on the white Christmas link above it takes you to the guardian, originally there were comments left by readers, unfortunately for the guardian they nearly all agreed with the white Christmas policy and have been removed
Old Dec 24th 2009, 12:48 pm
down under where

Italy getting the Expats it deserves.
Old Dec 24th 2009, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

JohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnD63 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by treskillard
Italy getting the Expats it deserves.
You mean non whingers, yeah thanks. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
Old Dec 24th 2009, 1:30 pm
Banned

The left wing try to turn everything into a race issue, as I understand this the "white christmas " story was started by a left wing paper, either you are entitled to be or you are not whats wrong with check ups on status? I would not mind if they checked on me, in fact they did, merry christmas
Old Dec 24th 2009, 2:15 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't that the point? They are not checking on you. They are checking on 'coloured people' only. Why aren't they checking on millionaire factory owners who are getting richer by employing the illegals? People are coming to work illegally solely because there is work available and they are getting exploited. It's the right wing that wants you to believe it's the illegals committing all the crime.
Oh. Merry Christmas by the way!
Old Dec 24th 2009, 2:32 pm
Banned

well I copied this from a earlier story in the guardian, go to there site its still there

"Since when have Italians been "white"? Being white is a disability in much of Italy, where if you dont have the "Italian look", they see you coming a mile away.

If the article was about Denmark, then that's different.

Try being Danish in Italy for a day. You will be called a "whitey". And not always in a nice way".
Old Dec 24th 2009, 2:52 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

What you on about?
Old Dec 24th 2009, 3:21 pm
Banned

well its the sort of rubbish in the guardian, if they let lets say Africans stay without paperwork but enforce it for people like me is that not racist? same rules for all I say, if the police are picking on certain people its profiling they know who are likely to be here when they should not, let them get on with there job, if I hang about outside a shop selling fake handbags then knick me, same rules for all, truth is they turn a blind eye normally to Africans, I would last about 10 seconds
Old Dec 30th 2009, 12:00 pm
down under where

You are right - it's true that the story may well be over-hyped as racist - however it would also be naive to think that there wasn't a racist element to it wouldn't you say?
Old Dec 31st 2009, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

AmyJB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by duffer
Isn't that the point? They are not checking on you. They are checking on 'coloured people' only. Why aren't they checking on millionaire factory owners who are getting richer by employing the illegals? People are coming to work illegally solely because there is work available and they are getting exploited. It's the right wing that wants you to believe it's the illegals committing all the crime.
Oh. Merry Christmas by the way!
I think this mght be the first time I actually agree with you Duffer!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.