Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Damp-Proof Membrane

Damp-Proof Membrane

Old Sep 29th 2009, 8:00 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of
Default Damp-Proof Membrane

I need a roll Of Damp-Proof Membrane & some Jointing Tape. Italian builders & builders merchants seem to be completely ignorant of this material & it's use. Any UK builder reading this will know what I'm on about.
I need it to lay over a compacted hardcore base, plus sand, & cast a concrete plinth over it. This layer of 1200 gauge/300 micron heavy-duty polythene sheet that comes in 4 metre wide X 25 metre long rolls can be joined, to extend length or width, with a purpose made waterproof high tack jointing tape &, when the concrete is cured, will exclude all moisture from the ground.
I'm desperate. I never thought it would be so hard to find. I could use the flimsy stuff in the builders merchants & use whatever tape I can find but prefer to have a last ditch effort at finding what I want.
Any-one know who sells it, or is the subject a little too esoteric?
Ernesto
Old Oct 4th 2009, 7:39 am
Just Joined

tomandbarbaragoodofcourse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Damp-Proof Membrane

get it off ebay, have it mailed from the uk. Have had same problem getting materials my self in sicily. Have you tried italian ebay also, i have had many tools off of there and had them shipped. Most local ferramente's are too dear. Hope this helps.