Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

New Ryanair costs!!

New Ryanair costs!!

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:30 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Ryanair costs!!

From 1st October Ryan is getting rid of all it's check-in desks and they will be bag drop desks instead! Anyone checking a bag - less than 15kg- will now be charged £30! For a second bag on one seat the cost will be £35 online or £70 at the airport!

Although they can still charge you £40 for not doing online check-in they can now also refuse to let you fly if you haven't checked in online!!!! It just gets better with them doesn't it?!
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:35 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Ryanair costs!!

British Airways are also changing their regulations from October regarding seats, food and hand baggage -

You need to pay an extra fee if you want to choose your seat more than 1 day in advance online.

No food on short haul unless it's breakfast time. They'll supply nuts instead.

Only 1pc of hand luggage instead of 2pcs.

These only apply to short haul economy flights, e.g. premium economy you can carry 2pcs of hand luggage, 3pcs on first.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:47 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
From 1st October Ryan is getting rid of all it's check-in desks and they will be bag drop desks instead! Anyone checking a bag - less than 15kg- will now be charged £30! For a second bag on one seat the cost will be £35 online or £70 at the airport!

Although they can still charge you £40 for not doing online check-in they can now also refuse to let you fly if you haven't checked in online!!!! It just gets better with them doesn't it?!
Did you really post this at 3.30 am ??

Looks like I'll be using EasyJet for Christmas.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 10:21 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
British Airways are also changing their regulations from October regarding seats, food and hand baggage -

You need to pay an extra fee if you want to choose your seat more than 1 day in advance online.

No food on short haul unless it's breakfast time. They'll supply nuts instead.

Only 1pc of hand luggage instead of 2pcs.

These only apply to short haul economy flights, e.g. premium economy you can carry 2pcs of hand luggage, 3pcs on first.
There was no food or drink on my sons ba flight last Friday but he would have been allowed a flight bag and laptop bag still. The flight was delayed as the pilot was stuck in traffic on the m25!!
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 10:22 am
The Original Red Head!

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Did you really post this at 3.30 am ??

Looks like I'll be using EasyJet for Christmas.
Yes that's how crap this bug is!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

Alitalia looks better and better by comparison
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

I must admit that we don't often take the sarnie that BA give out on the flight and a lot of people don't so I would be happy with just a drink tbh... I am waiting to see how this booking your seat online is going to work. I will wait and book the day before but I do wonder what they would do if I can't book seats for me and the two kids together? Cos surely with the way things are in the UK at the mo with anyone who so much as walks past a playground needing a police check it's not gona be ok to seat your kid next to just anyone on a flight is it? Also, you don't really want someone elses brat next to you either do you if you can avoid it!!??
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 2:57 pm
The Original Red Head!

You would all be sat separately! Happened to me on an easyjet flight. I left Alex on his own and people swapped so Antonia could sit with me. You're right no-one wants a toddler and would be mad or odd if they didn't swap but older kids are fine. Ba has all the unaccompanied kids on their flights so they may even think it odd if you did fuss! You don't have to book where you sit either, you can take pot luck like you do with Ryan and easy.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

I think you can still go online in the 24hrs before and book seats can't you for nothing? My son would be fine if the person next to him could put up with him singing HSM songs in an out of tune voice. I give him a dig in the ribs when he does it to me!! Dd would drive people mad with wanting to get up every two minutes to go to the loo!! I presume it won't be a free for all though will it, I assumed that BA would randomly allocate seats if you arrived at the airport without checking in.... otherwise it'll be carnage trying to get on the plane with people's reserved seats and stuff won't it?
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:00 pm
The Original Red Head!

All they are doing is what some airlines ready do - you look at a schematic of the plane and pick your seats. Otherwise you arrive as per and they allocate the rest first come, first served like they do now. I don't know if currently you can pick your seats with ba 24hrs before - from what duffer is saying up to 24hrs before and you pay, 23 or less and either you now can't or it's free. Why not check out ba's website? It should all be on there.

Last edited by TestaRossa; Oct 2nd 2009 at 8:03 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 7:01 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

There was no food or drink on my sons ba flight last Friday but he would have been allowed a flight bag and laptop bag still. The flight was delayed as the pilot was stuck in traffic on the m25!!
Yeah in fact you CAN still take 2pcs of hand luggage.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 7:11 am
Pull my finger

All they are doing is what some airlines ready do - you look at a schematic of the plane and pick your seats. Otherwise you arrive as per and they allocate the rest first come, first served like they do now. I don't know if currently you can pick your seats with ba 24hrs before - from what duffer is saying up to 24hrs before and you pay, 23 or less and either you now can't or it's free. Why not check out ba's website? It should all be on there.
From 24hrs b4 the flight anyone can choose their seats online FOC. But if yr travelling with infants you can choose the seats FOC at the time of booking. If yr travelling with children 2-12yrs you can choose FOC from 3 days before or you can choose to pay to choose at the time of booking: £10 per seat, per person per flight! Ouch.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Ah, well that don't sound so bad then tbh. Miles better than Ryan Scare and rushing up the steps to bag seats. I reckon they are trying to sell the seats by the fire exits with extra legroom arn't they really, which you cannot sit with with kids anyways. I have seen them move italians out of them with very poor English skills though... wonder if they will have an online English test too!!??
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:13 am
The Original Red Head!

Almost worth kidnapping an under two to sit on your knee! I guess they know it is in their interest to have families with babies sat together! Babieson planes are a nightmare and I include my own!
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:53 am
The Original Red Head!

Originally Posted by indiebird
Ah, well that don't sound so bad then tbh. Miles better than Ryan Scare and rushing up the steps to bag seats. I reckon they are trying to sell the seats by the fire exits with extra legroom arn't they really, which you cannot sit with with kids anyways. I have seen them move italians out of them with very poor English skills though... wonder if they will have an online English test too!!??
Not sure why their language skills are relevant? BA should have at least one flight attendant on board that speaks Italian on a UK - Italy flight. Or are they the only company that thinks everyone should speak English?! I've travelled with Spanish and Italian companies from here to Spain and even then one of the attendants will speak some English when really they only need Spanish and Italian. Even Ryan from Spain to Italy has English, Spanish and italian attendants. But then BA is a world unto itself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.