Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Old Dec 18th 2020, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
The sage plant will take no time at all to grow, your problem will be keeping it under control! We brought back a rooting for our daughter here in the UK and when we came back took a cutting from that for ourselves. Not quite up to the aroma of that in Italy, but grows just as vigorously
The guy that does our garden says he planted it last year, but it must be in the wrong place. Says he is going to try to plant another one in a different place next year.
Old Dec 27th 2020, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

The Coop are selling Robinson's Nine Hop under their own label as Coop British IPA. I enjoyed some on Xmas day.
Old Dec 28th 2020, 9:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat077 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by philat98
The Coop are selling Robinson's Nine Hop under their own label as Coop British IPA. I enjoyed some on Xmas day.
Forgive the digression, but are the Coop still owned by the former Communist Party, whatever its name now? What about Conad, Esselunga? (Not sure if the latter are a coop or a private company)
Old Dec 29th 2020, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malcom1970
Forgive the digression, but are the Coop still owned by the former Communist Party, whatever its name now? What about Conad, Esselunga? (Not sure if the latter are a coop or a private company)
I think the Coop mainly concentrates on profits. The Coop in Siena incorporates a Biblioteca Comunale. I've been to a couple of evening classes hosted by the Coop and they are almost free if you are a member.
Old Dec 29th 2020, 9:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by philat98
I think the Coop mainly concentrates on profits. The Coop in Siena incorporates a Biblioteca Comunale. I've been to a couple of evening classes hosted by the Coop and they are almost free if you are a member.
Siena. What a throwback! I loved Siena but that was way back in the early 2000s. A bit too sedated for my taste, bad transport links and expensive-ish; otherwise a good expat destination.
Old Feb 4th 2021, 8:18 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

British week starts at Lidl on Monday 8th Feb'.
I'll be stocking up on Cheddar. I tried some of the flavoured crackers last time and they were yummy with cheese.
Old Feb 5th 2021, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

We're in the UK now until June.Used to look forward to British weeks.The breaded cod and scampi aren't bad either.Cheddar slices and streaky bacon are available all year round for those that don't know,cheers,Brian.
Old Feb 5th 2021, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

On the American weeks, the cranberry and oat cookies are my favourite.
Old Feb 6th 2021, 9:14 am
Account Closed

By the way, where do you find British-style, choco-block as hell, crunchy peanut butter in Italy? Last time I was there, pre Covid, I could only find the Dutch Pindakaas (Calvè) at Esselunga, which tastes great but a) it's smooth and b) it's too sugary. Thanks.
Old Feb 6th 2021, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malcom1970
By the way, where do you find British-style, choco-block as hell, crunchy peanut butter in Italy? Last time I was there, pre Covid, I could only find the Dutch Pindakaas (Calvè) at Esselunga, which tastes great but a) it's smooth and b) it's too sugary. Thanks.
I think Lidl usually have it for American week.
Old Feb 7th 2021, 1:40 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

And American week was two weeks ago. They sell both the crunchy and the smooth peanut butter. I don't like it but my Americans friends don't half stock up on that stuff. The Jelly Beans were a new addition this time and my son liked those. Everything else is just a bit too much pre-prepared and pre-packaged crap like waffles and pancake mix in a tube and muffin or brownie mixes.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Accetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond repute

Always worth keeping an eye out on lidl for cheap beer. The promos are always really good value but you have to get there early in the week as they always sell out.
They also do some great deals on wine and spirits, this week they have a plum aquavit - should be called slivovitz, surely? - and a while ago they had tequila at €8 a bottle!
Old Feb 16th 2021, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Accetturese
Always worth keeping an eye out on lidl for cheap beer. The promos are always really good value but you have to get there early in the week as they always sell out.
They also do some great deals on wine and spirits, this week they have a plum aquavit - should be called slivovitz, surely? - and a while ago they had tequila at €8 a bottle!
We brought home 70 bottles of Lidl vodka before Christmas 5.35 euro,10 quid here.Alas, those days are no more,lol.
Old Feb 17th 2021, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian12
We brought home 70 bottles of Lidl vodka before Christmas 5.35 euro,10 quid here.Alas, those days are no more,lol.
Sounds like you don't need any for quite a while....
Old Feb 18th 2021, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
Sounds like you don't need any for quite a while....
I don't have a drink problem either.I only have a single shot on my Weetabix.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.