Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Christmas desserts for Italians.

Christmas desserts for Italians.

Old Dec 2nd 2009, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Christmas desserts for Italians.

Originally Posted by indiebird
I have heard this story too! We have family in Cornwall and everyone is convinced it is a jaguar or a puma aren't they but they've never caught it. I think there are still sightings now too. It happened a lot I think when that law was passed....
where are your family in cornwall? i lived there for 19 years. i lived in 'clay country' surrounded by huge white man made mountains. mainly near St.Austell
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by davehornet6
where are your family in cornwall? i lived there for 19 years. i lived in 'clay country' surrounded by huge white man made mountains. mainly near St.Austell
They're a bit further down in Camborne. Many a happy childhood holiday was spent in Cornwall. I really like places like Penzance and St Ives... haven't been down for years though.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 8:27 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

They're a bit further down in Camborne. Many a happy childhood holiday was spent in Cornwall. I really like places like Penzance and St Ives... haven't been down for years though.
My OH and I went camping and self-catering for about 4 or 5 years on the trot to Penzance. I took Alex the year before Antonia was born. Was the worst weather I've ever experienced down there! I got bronchitis and at one stage was lay in the tent unable to breathe while the rain lashed down and the thunder and lightening flashed! This was July! Did get to see the Eden Project though! Went to Bath two years later with Antonia and Alex, camping again, and the weather was great apart from when we went to Bristol! I love camping! Shame it is sooo expensive here!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

cool. i know cambourne and redruth pretty well.
i went to cambourne college(school of mines) for 3 years as i was training to be a car body repair blokey. used to spend quite a few evenings after college in the pubs around cambourne and poole(where the college is) it was a nice area. ive been to penzance a couple of times, looks really nice.
not been to st.ives though
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
My OH and I went camping and self-catering for about 4 or 5 years on the trot to Penzance. I took Alex the year before Antonia was born. Was the worst weather I've ever experienced down there! I got bronchitis and at one stage was lay in the tent unable to breathe while the rain lashed down and the thunder and lightening flashed! This was July! Did get to see the Eden Project though! Went to Bath two years later with Antonia and Alex, camping again, and the weather was great apart from when we went to Bristol! I love camping! Shame it is sooo expensive here!
ha! thats the cornwall i know well
just think about having an open air rave, or go camping, in fact most outdoor pursuits and the heavens open and a hurrican appears as if by magic.
a few of us went camping near newquay for a week,
long range weather said it would be hot and clear with a couple of isolated showers on one day, and it was july also
For 3 days it was so wet and windy we had to park our 4 cars in a flanking position with my mate in his little (showerproof only)tent pitched inside our other mates trailer tent. we actually watched about 4 other tents sailing across the campsite followed by their owners trying to throw thing on them (including gas bottles and themselves) to stop them blowing away.
funny though, i can't imagine many italians wanting to go camping.
is it just a british thing?
Old Dec 4th 2009, 5:56 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davehornet6
ha! thats the cornwall i know well
just think about having an open air rave, or go camping, in fact most outdoor pursuits and the heavens open and a hurrican appears as if by magic.
a few of us went camping near newquay for a week,
long range weather said it would be hot and clear with a couple of isolated showers on one day, and it was july also
For 3 days it was so wet and windy we had to park our 4 cars in a flanking position with my mate in his little (showerproof only)tent pitched inside our other mates trailer tent. we actually watched about 4 other tents sailing across the campsite followed by their owners trying to throw thing on them (including gas bottles and themselves) to stop them blowing away.
funny though, i can't imagine many italians wanting to go camping.
is it just a british thing?
That wasn't 2003 was it by any chance?!

Italians love camping! But they do it much more organised than we do - everything is laid on and there are sailing lessons when they are by the sea, which most of them are. So it's really, really expensive! We looked at going last summer and the cheapest we could find - which meant paying extra to use loads of campsite facilities and the beach!!- was still going to set us back nearly €600 for the week with two kids, a car and two backpackers tents!!! I can get a really nice apartment for that pretty much anywhere in summer, even August if I hunt!!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

That wasn't 2003 was it by any chance?!

Italians love camping! But they do it much more organised than we do - everything is laid on and there are sailing lessons when they are by the sea, which most of them are. So it's really, really expensive! We looked at going last summer and the cheapest we could find - which meant paying extra to use loads of campsite facilities and the beach!!- was still going to set us back nearly €600 for the week with two kids, a car and two backpackers tents!!! I can get a really nice apartment for that pretty much anywhere in summer, even August if I hunt!!
no ithink it must have been about 1998-2000. drunk far too much to remember exactly
you could camp on the cheap if some fellow expats have gardens, and tour italy at the same time
Old Dec 5th 2009, 6:55 am
The Original Red Head!

Ah, I remember the date 'cos I'd promised to take my son, on my own, but I fell down the stairs and twisted my ankle badly a few weeks before, then I got bronchitis while there but what I didn't know was that I was pregnant with Antonia! Not a great combination for camping! Plus I was on pain pills, cough mixture and wine(in the evening I'd have a glass in the tent!!) not sure how she survived or me for that matter!! So I remember when we went!! Lol!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Nooo! Is that true?? All this time it's some blokes pet panther?? I never heard that one in the news. Guess it must be dead by now, shame!

There's wild boar running around in ashdown forest aka the 100 acre wood. They were introduced on purpose though and there's a polar bear in a large fenced area of the highlands in Scotland!!
There are wallabies in Macclesfield Forest too. Seemed quite normal to me as a kid!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:12 am
The Original Red Head!

Originally Posted by K in Modena
There are wallabies in Macclesfield Forest too. Seemed quite normal to me as a kid!
Are they the same ones that were running around in Leek near the JCB factory??
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Are they the same ones that were running around in Leek near the JCB factory??
Maybe! No idea, I've only heard of them being round our way.