Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Certificato di Stato libero

Certificato di Stato libero

Old May 4th 2012, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certificato di Stato libero

Hi, I'm in the process of buying an apartment with my partner. Since we're not married the "notaio" told us that we each need a "certificato di stato libero" which we can get from the anagrafe of our Comune. For my partner it's not a problem but although I'm registered with the anagrafe and have a carta d'identità the information regarding my "stato civile" is "unavailable". Does anyone know how I go about this? Is there some sort of document I can get from the UK, if so from where? Or can I just do an autocertificazione or something. Any advice much appreciated, thanks!
Old May 4th 2012, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certificato di Stato libero

I have always auto certified the stato della famiglia - you should be able to do a simple declaration.
Old May 4th 2012, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Angeldimana will become famous soon enoughAngeldimana will become famous soon enough

We bought our house 3 years ago (unmarried) and were never requested for the cert.
I'd check for sure of you need it??
Old May 5th 2012, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Stellina is an unknown quantity at this point

The "notaio" was pretty clear that it was necessary. We asked if the "stato di famiglia" was enough and he said no. Maybe it's something that varies from region to region.