Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Camicietta della fortuna for newborns

Camicietta della fortuna for newborns

Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Camicietta della fortuna for newborns

Originally Posted by K in Modena
I was concerned about the car carry-cot that SIL has passed on to us as the Which? guide says that they are not safe. MIL suggested just sticking the baby on the back seat in the moses basket instead!
My italian friend has got the most decrepit carseat that looks like it came from the 1980s..... that's because it probably did.... it's been in her sister's garage since she used it for her 20yo daughter as a Baby.... I thought to myself, would've chucked that and brought something new which has improved safety etc. but my friend is still cramming her 18mth old in it because 'she really does believe in carseats.'
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

I should add it's a rear facing one, not one designed for babies older than about 9-10mths and her son is not a small 18mth old....
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Then there's that brilliant rule they have here that you're exempt from wearing a seatbelt if you're pregnant!
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:13 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

My God - the poor child will end up with stunted legs if she doesn't start giving him some leg room and put him in a proper seat that faces the right way.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Thats one thing I'll never understand about italian parents. They spend a fortune on things like jewellry for babies, expensive clothes and shoes and they worry constantly about the temperature and the food they give them and YET they dont seem to care a hoot about safety issues like correct car seats and letting their babies stand in supermarket trollies and sitting on their laps in the front of cars............sorry I'm ranting arent I ?
It just drives me potty.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

selinuntina is on a distinguished road

But Patty "la bella figura" is far more important than safety ! DH's family spent a fortune in jewellry when she was first born and on her first birthday but didn't contribute for anything useful ie car seat, cot.
Oh and they used to criticise me for having a cat but would then light up a cigarette whilst she was in the room.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

K in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant futureK in Modena has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by selinuntina
But Patty "la bella figura" is far more important than safety ! DH's family spent a fortune in jewellry when she was first born and on her first birthday but didn't contribute for anything useful ie car seat, cot.
Oh and they used to criticise me for having a cat but would then light up a cigarette whilst she was in the room.
MIL smoked during labour!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

and probably the hospital staff too !!
I always remember being on a trolley waiting to be wheeled in for my c section and my gyno and another doctor had a massive argument right in front of me. then the gyno's young female assistant couldn't find her phone. I remember hearing it ring as the patient before me was being wheeled out and thinking, "god I hope they've not left the phone inside her !".
My gyno always used to have a quick fag in between appointments so his office always smelt like smoke, nice
Old Jul 8th 2010, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

and probably the hospital staff too !!
Almost certainly, since they were her colleagues. She was a nurse in paediatrics/maternity at the hospital where she gave birth, so could get away with whatever she liked it would seem!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

If we posted these stories on the other forum we use they'd probably accuse us of making it all up being a troll !!
Old Jul 9th 2010, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

If we posted these stories on the other forum we use they'd probably accuse us of making it all up being a troll !!
Yes, probably! My favourite by far is your story of the midwife wanting to pierce your baby's ears!
Old Jul 9th 2010, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

jenny g is an unknown quantity at this point

Lorna do you mind if i put a link on here for my e-bay baby clothes shop?? I have started buying beautiful clothes for baby-2 years old directly from a stockist in the UK.
http: SNIP
P.s should anyone be interested..i am going to do free postage on all the orders made !! Thanks for now Jenny G

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Jul 9th 2010 at 1:12 pm. Reason: Sorry Jenny but you can't - rule 9. Put a link to the webpage in your signature instead.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Hi Lorna, please excuse me ignorance..how do i put the link on??? I could say its the heat..but sometimes my brain just wont let me work things out Ha ha!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 8:22 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jenny - it is the heat- don't worry. My brain is fried as well and it's too damn hot to do any housework as well. My OH is due home from a work trip today and I've already warned him that the house looks like a bomb site.

Anyway - signatures ........

Click on 'my profile' on the pinky/peach menu bar at top of this page.
On left hand side look for Settings and Options and then click on 'Edit Signature'.
There's a space there where you can put your website address and it should then come out on every post that you make.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much Lorna!