Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Buying Shares on line

Buying Shares on line

Old Jan 10th 2011, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold
Default Buying Shares on line

Has anyone any experience of buying shares on line. I have looked at companies like Charles Stanley and HSBC etc but they all stipulate that you must be a UK resident.

Does anyone know a decent broker for on line shares..
Old Jan 10th 2011, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice
Default Re: Buying Shares on line

try http://www.tdwaterhouse.co.uk/
Old Jan 10th 2011, 5:47 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

You need to be a UK resident for the one above. I use Motley Fool share-dealing service but again it's registered to my UK address.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

duffer, i use the above
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:01 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Have you advised them that you're not normally a UK resident for tax purposes? Even with the Motley Fool, you need to be a UK resident when you sign up.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

maybe the mitigating circumstances are that i transferred the ac in from E*Trade which did allow overseas residence. E*Trade decided to leave the amateur share dealing market almost a year ago and arranged to transfer all accounts FOC to TD waterhouse
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Forgot to say don't quote me to TDWaterhouse in order to open an AC just in case it back fires on me
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chris120
Forgot to say don't quote me to TDWaterhouse in order to open an AC just in case it back fires on me
Of course.