Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

British Football

British Football

Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

tommyd1888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Football

Can anyone recommend a good pub/bar in Torino to watch British Football. I am moving to Torino on the 17/02 and although I will be very busy trying to find an appartment I can't miss the Celtic - rangers game on the Sunday the 20/02.

Also is there any good Irish bars in the area for a nice pint of guiness.

I am really looking forward to coming to Italy and plan to totally embrace the Italian way of life but I still need to have the odd pint of guiness and watch Celtic every week.

Cheers
Tommy
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:17 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Football

Bring a UK Sky digibox and an ESPN or Sky subscription with you, then get yourself a large dish out here, around 85-100cm. You can then watch all the British footy you need. It would be cheaper than Sky Italia, which does show English and Spanish matches but only a handful of Scottish matches per season.

As for Guinness. There's bound to be an Irish bar in Torino.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: British Football

Originally Posted by duffer
As for Guinness. There's bound to be an Irish bar in Torino.
There are a few. I'm just not sure, off the top of my head, which streets they are in right now. I know there is one just along the road from Porta Nuova station so perhaps you should make that your first port-of-call...