Bin Men

Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice
Default Bin Men

Does anyone else have the bins emptied at stupid times in the morning?

Bloody 4 am and the people near have been saying you will get used to it. This was a year ago. I wrote to HERA and they told me that they should not leave the yard before 6am and NOW its started again and this time it's time for AVVOCATO..Bloody bin men!!!!!!!!!

RANT over
Old Aug 11th 2009, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bin Men

I totally sympathise with you on this one. Its surely against some law to do this - specially seeing as the italians have more laws than the rest of Europe put together
My dear neighbour cuts wood with an enormous circular saw attached to his tractor at 6AM and wakes us all up. He is now having building work done and they woke me last week at 7.15am by drilling the other side of my bedorrom wall - I nearly fell out of bed -To say I am not happy is an understatement - but I wont say anything cos it would just create problems. Now I know why the lady who sold us the house (and had lived here for 40 years) hated his guts - and to think I felt sorry for the old git at first
Old Aug 11th 2009, 12:41 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

We don't have our bins emptied at night but they do wash the streets down EVERY night!
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Originally Posted by 37100
We don't have our bins emptied at night but they do wash the streets down EVERY night!
The come around at about 11pm in Naples (well, when they do come round )
Old Aug 12th 2009, 6:40 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by .Ariel.
The come around at about 11pm in Naples (well, when they do come round )
Bin men come around here between 6 and 7am usually. Not sure what the rules are for them but there are definitely rules about building noise and especially at weekends.

In my first flat a builder was chipping up floor tiles at 7am in another flat on a Saturday morning. When I couldn't stand it anymore I went and politely asked him if he had any quiet jobs he could be doing until 9am.

He told me exactly what I could do with myself so I went home and rang the police. I only really wanted to ask them if there were any laws about building noise and if I was right or the builder was right. They told me to go and speak to the builder so I told them I'd tried that and what his lovely reply was.

15 minutes later there was cop car in the courtyard !
Old Aug 12th 2009, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

In Cesena we have HERA and they have told me that they are very sorry as the bin men should not leave the yard before 6am BUT they contract it out and can not keep tabs on them all the time, They also told me that they have fined the contract company quite a few times about leaving the yard early. Well now we will see what avvocato says when he gets back.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 8:42 am
Just Joined

bolognagirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I totally sympathise with Mr Posh on this issue - good luck with the avvocato!

Back in 2001 I lived in a first floor flat in central Bologna, right under my window was one of those big green bells for recycling glass bottles. Little did i know that the technique for emptying involved lifting the bell up on a small crane and opening the bottom so all the glass could fall out (from a height) into the back of a truck... every Tuesday morning at 2am! Needless to say it makes a massive crash and I got the fright of my life the first time!

This morning (ferragosto!) I was woken up before 8am by builders making a huge racket - the lady downstairs is having her flat rennovated. That's the trouble with close-proximity living in flats!

ciao
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

Bin men collect where i live me at all hours -often 0300 on a Monday morning! I reckon that this is a positive thing, where my UK relatives live they are collected once every 14 days IF you remember to put the wheely bins out. With 3 or more bins per household this means a road filled with bins. In streets with terraced houses it means a road permanently filled with bins. If you forget to put them out you have rotting rubbish around for 1 month - can you imagine a 1 month old baby's nappy! I am constantly extolling the virtues of Roman rubbish collection in comparison to the English system, a bit of noise in the early hours every now and then is a small price to pay.