Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Formula 1 anyone?

Formula 1 anyone?

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

lindaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Formula 1 anyone?

Does anyone follow Formula 1 and in particular has anyone been or is going to the Monza circuit?

The F1 race at Monza is in September and as we live close-ish we thought we would go along and saviour the atmosphere.

I've found ticket agencies on the web but would just like some advice on best places to buy tickets from, best places to sit/stand etc.

Thanks
Old Aug 4th 2009, 7:34 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Formula 1 anyone?

I've never been to F1 but would love to. Went an F3 in brum many years ago so my advice is this - get ear plugs!! They will probably sell them at the track and get seats - it can be monotonous if you can't see properly and the seats are tiered. Also consider if it will be sunny in September and take a hat if it is. Otherwise have fun! Btw the best spectator car sport is rallying. Don't know if the world rally has any stages in Italy but it is great fun and a little scarey to watch!!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi TR

Well we're going to take the plunge and buy the tickets for Monza. We can't live so close(ish) and not go!

My brother is going to fly over to go to the race so it should be a good weekend. I saw on some on the ticket websites they were also selling earplugs so we'll make sure we get some!

Re rallying - we're quite close to some circuits in north-east UK and about a month ago my 11-year old nephew was there with my brother. The drivers were talking to the spectators and my nephew asked Jason Plato if he was famous
Old Aug 5th 2009, 1:42 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Well we are going to Maranello to Galleria Ferrari sometime this week, should have been tomorrow but something came up. Have you been? If not I'll let you know if your nephew would like it! From the website I think the answer would be a yes!

We can't take my OH though - he doesn't like Ferraris!!!! We are concerned that we and other visitors to the museum would have to lynch him for making derogatory comments!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Yes tell me about Maranello - we haven't been but it's on our list to do as well. I hope I can get everything planned out to go and see the F1 race at Monza. The atmosphere should be superb.

We watch all the races on Italian TV - same footage as at home but with Italian commentary! I didn't know James Allen and Rob Smedley could both speak Italian!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Cassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really nice

Hi - the Monza track is brilliant. Tbh where to sit depends on how much money you want to spend, you pays your money and you takes your choice. You will probably be able to get general admittance for the Friday (at least) from a ticket booth actually in the park - especially now that the love of the tifosi (Schumaker) is not now returning to race the red devil around the track.

Marinello - if you can get a chance to watch Ferrari testing on their track there it is great fun (obviously not F1 cars as no testing allowed). Don't bother with the F1 shops unless you are a total Ferrari fan with lots of money to spend/waste, but the town itself has got lots of atmosphere.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:32 pm
The Original Red Head!

We had a great time at Galleria di Ferrari, but you have to be a real fan to enjoy it - glad we left my OH behind!! Ferraris were going up and down the street either from the factory or from the shops set up to do test drives. Guess where my new avatar came from?