Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

BBC3 has disappeared??

BBC3 has disappeared??

Old Nov 6th 2012, 11:15 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC3 has disappeared??

Originally Posted by duffer
Did he stick the new gadget onto the arm sticking out on the front of the dish? If so, that is the LNB. The one you had before probably got roasted hence the missing channels.

But do you have 2 cables running from the dish or to the back of your new Sky box? Are you able to record stuff whilst watching something else?
We had a dish with our neighbour. I say had because he had SkyPlus multivision put in and fried our signal. They didn't put a 2nd line in for him, but instead installed a signal divider -can't remember the techi name- wrapped in a plastic bag. 1 and 2 for him. 3 for me all off the same output. Result, everytime it rained we lost our signal. They also caused serious damaged to our roof and we spent xmas mopping up.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 12:31 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

That's a cheap and quick way for them to do it. The correct way would be to install a second cable. Obviously a standard signal should be able to withstand the rain but if that signal is halved or quartered then yes, you will lose the signal when it rains!
Old Nov 17th 2012, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Mr_Jackson is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a freesat receiver and live just outside of piacenza what size dish would I need and can you recommend a decent lnb for the job, I have installed sky Italia a couple of times and have equipment lying around, but it just doesn't seem to cut the mustardto get uk tv