Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Bacon and sausage

Bacon and sausage

Old May 21st 2011, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

tararichmond is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bacon and sausage

Hi, I have just opened an english food shop in Viareggio. We carry a variety of ambient, chilled and frozen products. You can email any inquiries to ******** I can ship also but, unfortunately, not sausages since I only carry frozen ones. Tara

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; May 21st 2011 at 4:06 pm. Reason: removed email
Old May 21st 2011, 4:05 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tararichmond
Hi, I have just opened an english food shop in Viareggio. We carry a variety of ambient, chilled and frozen products. You can email any inquiries to ******** I can ship also but, unfortunately, not sausages since I only carry frozen ones. Tara
Hello Tara and welcome to the forum.

I've had to remove your email address from the open forum because of advertising but if you make another couple of posts, the British Expats private message will be available to you. Anybody who needs to get in touch with you can do so with a private message.

Good luck with the shop.
Old May 24th 2011, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

giuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nicegiuliana is just really nice

Hi Tara,
My daughter contacted you last week about your price list and delivery to Sicily. We were told about you on here by Mojo111, so free pkt of sausages for him
Let us know when you have a web site up and running.
Good luck with your new venture
Gill
Old May 26th 2011, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

ballerina will become famous soon enough

Hello! I was just regretting reading this post as it has set off serious cravings for crumpets, sausages, marmite, walkers crisps in a nice variety of flavours (anyone else sick of paprika flavour crisps or cheesy puffy things?) and Viareggio is quite near to La Spezia isn't it??

Thank you for opening a shop not so far away from me!

My mum is always on at me to open a shop selling whatever it is I tell her is so much more expensive in Italy (Kenwood food mixers being the latest one).
Old May 26th 2011, 9:30 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ballerina
Hello! I was just regretting reading this post as it has set off serious cravings for crumpets, sausages, marmite, walkers crisps in a nice variety of flavours (anyone else sick of paprika flavour crisps or cheesy puffy things?) and Viareggio is quite near to La Spezia isn't it??

Thank you for opening a shop not so far away from me!

My mum is always on at me to open a shop selling whatever it is I tell her is so much more expensive in Italy (Kenwood food mixers being the latest one).

If I could ever open a shop here it'd have to be a mixed product one.
It'd sell everything from some foodstuffs to cheap medicines and one dose packets of kiddy Calpol and Ibuprofen (brilliant invention). It'd sell cheap kiddy clothes and really cheap erasers and glue sticks and other school stuff.
It'd sell great big scribbling-art-doodling pads and not just blocks of photocopy paper. It'd sell whole complete packets of girly hair clips and not charge 2 or 3 euro for each single one.
It'd sell a week's worth of knickers, socks and underpants at great prices and not just individual ones at extortionate prices.

I reckon I'd have the Carabiniere on the doorstep within 48 hours of opening.
Old May 26th 2011, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

I'm up for a partnership I pay 16 pence for paracetomol at home, I'm sure that they would jump at the chance of paying 1.5 euros here
Old May 26th 2011, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by giodafa
I pay 16 pence for paracetomol at home, I'm sure that they would jump at the chance of paying 1.5 euros here
Me too and about 30p for Ibuprofen.
I can get erasers for 8p and metal double sized pencil sharpeners for 22p.
10 glue sticks for just a quid !

I don't think anything at all costs less than one euro in my local stationery shop.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 3:54 pm
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

I just had another delivery , usual palaver took five days once it arrived in Italy, driver claimed he was here yesterday and nobody was in again, do they get paid extra for that?, but it was worth it I got 4 Dundee cakes , best fruit cake in the world in my opinion , don't know if to give one to my neighbours , Italians don't seem to get fruit cakes or Christmas puddings and I love both, I also got some strawberry jellies, hp sauce, marmite, tetley tea bags, I was reading online this week that the cheapest Heinz beans in the UK are £2.75 for four! I am so out of touch I would have thought 15 pence a can, my sister says prices are going crazy and things are getting smaller and smaller in the UK, I spoke to my mate on the phone and his misses said fifteen bob a tin for Heinz beans, madness, you can buy funny stuff at the "corner shop" like fizzy drinks, is there anywhere you cant get 7up and coke or lemonade? you can get stuff called something like gasata here which is like lemonade, also bought branstone pickle
Old Jul 14th 2011, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

7up is called Sprite in Italy.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 7:12 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

sorry but I am a slave to google and look up everything

http://www.differencebetween.com/dif...and-vs-sprite/
Old Jul 14th 2011, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bricwood

Aha! I stand corrected! Not that I care, really, I never drink either...
Old Jul 14th 2011, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bricwood

A man after my own heart. However I did give a wry smile at the conclusion "suggesting that both are almost similar". Now what on earth does that mean?
Old Jul 17th 2011, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

linseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond reputelinseed oil has a reputation beyond repute

iam at a loss why in gods nqame should any one wish to buy english sousages nearly all rusk bread crums , wen they can buy hand made bucher sousages made here all meat and a few herbs 100 times bbetter
Old Jul 18th 2011, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by linseed oil
I am at a loss why in God's name should any one wish to buy english sausages nearly all rusk bread crumbs, when they can buy hand-made butcher sausages made here all meat and a few herbs, 100 times better
I'm glad someone agrees with me. Quality varies in both countries and I remember that 35 years ago Sainsbury's had some good sausages, but on average Italian sausages are far better. Some say they are fatty, but you just have to know how to cook them. British sausages are fatty too, for that matter
(excuse my corrections to your typing).
Old Jul 18th 2011, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Azarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud of

Hi there,

No chance of finding English sausages here in Romania. The one expat shop sells a pound of frozen ones for about £4 (Tesco sell that brand for about £2 in the UK). They are only 68% meat, and a lot of that is fat and grissle, and the rest is probably from low-quality cuts or worse.

About two years ago I bought a hand-mincer thingy from the market, and a tube attachment for filling sausages. It was about £8 in total. Now I just knock out my own bangers. Only takes about 30 mins to make a couple of pounds, eat some then and there, freeze some for another day. It works out about about £3 per pound, but the difference is that you know they contain good quality meat at about 90%.

It's also good fun trying out different recipes. I like Lincolnshires and have sage growing on the balcony. I've also made ones with sage, white onion, apple, and blue cheese (in pork, of course). Really good! Spicy paprika ones, 'healthy' chicken ones, and so on.

If you can get the things you need in Italy you should give it a go. With very little effort you can have premium, home-made, high-meat-content sausages for the price of some frozen imports.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.