Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

baby name help needed

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

sands will become famous soon enough
Default Re: baby name help needed

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:56 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
I've got photos of the conception
Ditto Sands!!

Yes, Andrea is another one like Nicola, that you can't use for a girl here.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:32 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

nearest would be Andreina - for a girl - but Duffer's having a boy anyway.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:37 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Also Andrea is a bit like Nicola in that it's only used for girls in the UK, no?
Sorry Lorna, I should have multi-quoted so you understood the context!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

I voted Fillipo and Alexander - well I tried to, but then had to vote for only one so went for Alexander. I imagine Alexander will get turned into Alessandro/Ale. Though I've heard of people called "Alex" here.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:06 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

the most popular however for Alessandro is " Sandro" ....

and that's one of the reaons we went for Alex ...... if by school age he's an Alex then it's diffiucult this will become a Sandro
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:32 pm
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

all i have to say is alexander the great lmao
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:06 am
The Original Red Head!

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
the most popular however for Alessandro is " Sandro" ....

and that's one of the reaons we went for Alex ...... if by school age he's an Alex then it's diffiucult this will become a Sandro
We always shortened Alexander to Xander - same idea I suppose! But I don't use this as often now - he prefers Alex. He can't have Al or Aly in our house - it's already taken by me!!
Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

rkabruzzo is an unknown quantity at this point

I voted Brando because I love it. However, I must say that it will be pronounced strangely by the italians. Julian would probably be the best name because it's a non-Italian name that Italians can pronounce. Good luck on your birth!
Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by rkabruzzo
I voted Brando because I love it. However, I must say that it will be pronounced strangely by the italians. Julian would probably be the best name because it's a non-Italian name that Italians can pronounce. Good luck on your birth!
ah - if only you'd read a liitle bit backwards you'd know that there is no letter J in the Italian alpahbet .............

so all the people not in the know would pronounce Julian like a Spanish word .... hulian !!!!
Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

rkabruzzo is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, i'm well aware of the letters in the Italian alphabet. However, in my 7 years in Italy I've noticed the trends in names and I think most Italians would already know this name and how to pronounce it in English. Also, it's a name that they could easily be taught to pronounce and it wouldn't sound much different than when an English-speaking person pronounces it.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by rkabruzzo
yes, i'm well aware of the letters in the Italian alphabet. However, in my 7 years in Italy I've noticed the trends in names and I think most Italians would already know this name and how to pronounce it in English. Also, it's a name that they could easily be taught to pronounce and it wouldn't sound much different than when an English-speaking person pronounces it.
sorry sweetie - but not where i live ..... they would never know how to pronounce this name - not in a million years .......... and i'm not so far from the place where the father to be lives.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 12:33 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

The wait is over.

Brando was born on the 2nd of July, at 16.05 after 10 hours of effort, mostly from the mother.
He weighed in at 3.06kg with height of 49cm.
Both mother and baby are doing fine.

A big thank you to everyone for your contributions and best wishes.

Old Jul 3rd 2008, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations. And I am sure that you played your part
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 4:16 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

The wait is over.

Brando was born on the 2nd of July, at 16.05 after 10 hours of effort, mostly from the mother.
He weighed in at 3.06kg with height of 49cm.
Both mother and baby are doing fine.

A big thank you to everyone for your contributions and best wishes.

Well done to all three of you for each part you all played.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.