Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Australian looking to buy in Cianciana

Australian looking to buy in Cianciana

Old May 10th 2011, 7:09 am
Just Joined

kabela is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian looking to buy in Cianciana

Wow pacquita that is some brilliant feedback. Thanks immensely for your help. I am still not decided whether to come with the car by ferry or whether to get an aeroplane. The total cost is more or less the same when one considers the cost of hiring a car for 10 or more days (which is what we intend to do in July).

THanks again for the detailed description. To add some value to what has already been given by Pacquita above, I have found that there are private buses (the ones operated from low cost airports) from Trapani airport to Palermo so the connection is available. It takes 135 minutes to get from Trapani airport to Palermo city and the price for a one way ticket is € 13

Pacquita thanks again for your valuable info.

Old May 10th 2011, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

paquita is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem Kabela.My pleasure.Just want to re-iterate that August is a fabulous time to come.The weeks leading up to and including the 15th for Ferrogosto.
Old May 10th 2011, 9:34 am
Just Joined

We might revisit in August Pacquita, but in August there are a number of things happening in Malta too which makes it a bit more difficult to come out of here .

To start with my brother is getting married in the beginning of august. On the 7th of August there is the feast of St. Gaetano in the town i lived in till i was 18 (and it is one feast i never miss ....that is a great party to be at .

http://www.visitmalta.com/event-details?l=1&e=3746 (i am usually in with the blue crowd ). Also besides all the festas in august there are a number of events such as wine festivals, a musical festival etc. So we have not yet decided whether to come back in August yet. It is more probable that we will return when the weather is a bit cooler.
Old May 10th 2011, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

I see your point.August is a popularly celebrated month everywhere!!
Another really good time to go to Cianciana,in my humble opinion,other than August is For xmas and new year.Leading into the new year especially is very good.
Well,enjoy yourselves whenever you go.
I was there for easter as mentioned which was good but I did not like it as much as the other two times I have mentioned.
Old May 10th 2011, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Yes i too think it will be nice in Christmas too and am looking forward to spend the week between Xmas an New Year, at least .

cheers to all.
Old May 10th 2011, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Good for you Kabela! : )
Old Jul 7th 2011, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Back to Cianciana for a short trip soon (21 July - 24th). We will be signing the final deed

Just received an invite for a BBQ to be held for all foreigners who purchased property in Cianciana. What a lovely lovely thought.

Pakita, we will be there in August after all as had too much going on in July and could not make it then. If anyone is there in July or August DO let me know
Old Nov 1st 2011, 6:13 am
Hil
Forum Regular

Hil is an unknown quantity at this point

Dearest adopted Ciancianesi, please check out this effort to start a Sicily sub-forum, is that the right word? Who knows? Weather all over the place at the moment, but it is that time of year. Also it's olive season, so everything smells heavenly. ~Hil

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=735692&page=3
Old Jul 5th 2012, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

Caccicoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. Great information! I know this discussion took place ages ago but my husband and I decided this spring that we want to buy a place in Cianciana and will be there in one week to check things out. Can't wait! We will be meeting with Joe Guida and hearing the glowing reports certainly eases our minds. Thanks for all the info everyone. Oh, and we are Canadians from the west coast - Vancouver Island to be exact. Diane
Old Jul 6th 2012, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Sharon (wife) and I just got back from a short trip and as always it was great . Look forward to going back in August for a 2 week stay. This place is really great
Old Jul 6th 2012, 6:47 am
Hil
Forum Regular

Hil is an unknown quantity at this point

Yay Charming Cianciana! Kabela we missed you entirely, actually busy. Seems odd here, but so it goes. Look forward to seeing you in August, I hear rumor that they are planning another BBQ or something for us stranieri Where else do you get that? Welcome Diane. Not all of us on this forum or thread are British. I am from California, West coast like you, although I haven't visited Vancouver since I was a teenager! Travel safe, have fun house hunting, spoiled for choice at the moment, so a really good time to be looking. ~Hil
Old Jul 6th 2012, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Steve TO is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow been a while since I've been on here. Hello Hil and David hope you're well.

Hello Caccicoo. My wife and I are in Canada too albeit on the other side of the country in Toronto. We moved over from England 10 years ago and bought a place in Cianciana a couple of years back. My brother bought a place there and we got the bug from him although our family is from Cianciana and we'd go when we were kids.

Hope your trip goes well. I'm sure it will other then the massive downside of the town being so far away from us - well worth it once you get there though.

Steve
Old Jul 6th 2012, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hil
Yay Charming Cianciana! Kabela we missed you entirely, actually busy. Seems odd here, but so it goes. Look forward to seeing you in August, I hear rumor that they are planning another BBQ or something for us stranieri Where else do you get that? Welcome Diane. Not all of us on this forum or thread are British. I am from California, West coast like you, although I haven't visited Vancouver since I was a teenager! Travel safe, have fun house hunting, spoiled for choice at the moment, so a really good time to be looking. ~Hil
Hi Hil,
You and I have met online before - on the AccessSicily forum. And I read your article on buying in Sicily. Very helpful!

Diane
Old Jul 6th 2012, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Steve TO
Wow been a while since I've been on here. Hello Hil and David hope you're well.

Hello Caccicoo. My wife and I are in Canada too albeit on the other side of the country in Toronto. We moved over from England 10 years ago and bought a place in Cianciana a couple of years back. My brother bought a place there and we got the bug from him although our family is from Cianciana and we'd go when we were kids.

Hope your trip goes well. I'm sure it will other then the massive downside of the town being so far away from us - well worth it once you get there though.

Steve
Hey Steve,
My husband is from Ottawa - so not so far from Torontol He moved to Vancouver Island to get away from Ottawa winters and shovelling snow. Now we are hoping to buy a place in Cianciana to escape the rain! I have arthritis and the dryness of Agrigento will be a relief for me I suspect. My husband's family is from Capizzi near Nicosia. A beautiful little town but because of the roads it take 2 hours to get anywhere! So, no Capizzi for us. I am grateful to everyone that has posted the good things about buying in Cianciana. So many people here on Vancouver Island think we have absolutely lost our minds for wanting to buy a house in Sicily. Mind you, they have never been there.

I do have a question about the Salva Italia law. My husband (Nick) and I have been going back and forth over the idea of becoming residents. What are the negatives about being a resident - particularly to do with the Salva Italia law but anything else too. What are the positives about becoming a resident? Thanks everyone!

Diane
Old Jul 14th 2012, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

I have just come on here after a while away.I cannot believe that no one has mentioned it yet but i think that Hils and others are busy with other things at the moment.So,I shall just mention that the actor Ray Winstone has just bought a house in Cianciana!It's the damndest thing to others in Sicily but this funky little town is special enough to attract all sorts of lovely people.Just saying....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.