5th December

Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice
Default Re: 5th December

Originally Posted by davehornet6
yep! i remember a post where she said her husband applied for residency
must admit though, sometimes i do wonder how people come up with their usernames
Clint was my wonderful gentle giant GSD/Rottie cross dog we adopted when he was 10 years old and sadly died 13 months later if I done things right he is the dog in my avatar

Lorna I'm 46 and half I spent all my adult life in England (apart from 18 months in Bulgaria)hence me asking MargaretM a lot of the times "how and where you do things"
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:12 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clint
Clint was my wonderful gentle giant GSD/Rottie cross dog we adopted when he was 10 years old and sadly died 13 months later if I done things right he is the dog in my avatar

Lorna I'm 46 and half I spent all my adult life in England (apart from 18 months in Bulgaria)hence me asking MargaretM a lot of the times "how and where you do things"
Thanks for explaining. I'll try and remember you are not a 'he'.

Last edited by Lorna at Vicenza; Dec 5th 2009 at 7:41 am.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I think mine is pretty obvious!
yep! you like ferrari's
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clint
hence me asking MargaretM a lot of the times "how and where you do things"
and me forever asking Clint "how do you say this" or "please make this phone call for me"
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Originally Posted by Margaret M
and me forever asking Clint "how do you say this" or "please make this phone call for me"
Small way of aplogising for my hooligans bad behaviour when you come to our house, especially Goldie
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:51 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

This is when you realise what a great community this is! Not only do we chat on here but a number of us meet face to face, chat on the phone or connect thru Facebook! Well done expats!

Even if you two knew each other before it still brought you to us with your insight and knowledge. It's great.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
This is when you realise what a great community this is! Not only do we chat on here but a number of us meet face to face, chat on the phone or connect thru Facebook! Well done expats!

Even if you two knew each other before it still brought you to us with your insight and knowledge. It's great.
Actually we didn't know each other before, we got to know each other on here when Clint needed somewhere to stay while house hunting. And Goldie really is a sweety - one of her many dogs - I'll leave her to tell you how many if she wants to. Being a Golden Retriever he is very big and boisterous though.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret is right I met MargaretM through this forum when I started looking at moving back to Italy, the south was a total unkown quantity to me and at that stage we were looking more at Calabria than Puglia.

Further reaserch into Calabria made us decide that it was not the right place for us, so looked at Puglia and MargaretM gave me some info on the area where we are now. We met up when I came to view properties and ended up living not far from her, the house we bought was the last house we saw

Goldie is a bit (well a lot) in love with MargaretM and definately is a big lad (Golden retriever/maremman cross probably) who thinks is a lap dog

We left England with 4 dogs and 5 cats and ended up in Italy with 7 dogs and 4 cats. I moved here before hubby and the mob as the property was not fenced. Within a week of moving in we had Lucy dumped outside the front door, Goldie was one of the local strays I used to feed and eventually found out where I lived so he decided that he liked here and no matter what we did to keep him out he found his way in, Billy was dumped outside our gate last year in Nov no takers so he ended up staying too. We lost our oldest boy Feb this year so now we have 9 dogs and 5 cats We are a bit like the united nation here 3 dogs from each country England, Bulgaria, Italy

Last edited by clint; Dec 5th 2009 at 6:24 pm. Reason: awful typing skills
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

It just sort of happens that way down here. We brought two English dogs and a cat with us, and two dogs came with the property. Hubby then found an abandoned pup a couple of years ago so now we have 5 - definitely no more, and the aim is eventually to get back down to 2. Another local (English) friend of ours arrived with three dogs, this had expanded up to twelve until a couple of weeks ago when another one arrived - pregnant with 7 pups. Any want a pup or 7, they really can't cope with any more.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:03 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

! This sounds like my OH's biz partner in Spain! She arrived with no animals at all and currently has around 7 cats, give or take! They are all named, spayed and fed...She was thinking of adopting a pot belly pig but we were all so enthusiastic, not, she didn't! Dogs aren't such a big problem where she is so they have only had one dog as a house guest and he had just escaped from his yard anyway! They occasionally get broken into by a pack of daschunds at 3 and 4 in the morning that escape from a house up the hill! There are 5 of them and they race around the garden chasing or being chased by the cats. Now they just ignore them rather than trying to chase them off...