Anyone in Indonesia?

Old Oct 24th 2010, 1:58 am
Just Joined

exbrit69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Indonesia?

Greetings. Anyone living in Indonesia? I have been here for 7 years now and I love it. No bloody speed cameras, VAT, parking Nazis, dog/fishing/TV licences, building permits etc. Cost of living where I am is about one tenth of that of the UK
Old Oct 24th 2010, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Indonesia?

Not in Indonesia but wonder if Surabaya is worth a visit of 3 or 4 days?
And what would be a nice but inexpensive hotel to stay?
Old Oct 24th 2010, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ex reg
Not in Indonesia but wonder if Surabaya is worth a visit of 3 or 4 days?
And what would be a nice but inexpensive hotel to stay?
We are a couple of hours away from Surabaya but my wife has family there so I can get whatever info you require. We live in Probolinggo which is near to Mont Bromo which IS a tourist area. Here, a clean, safe hotel is only about 20 US dollars or less or There is also rafting and diving here if you are the outdoor type. If you get serous about visiting, we will be happy to assist you.Keep in touch Mate
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

SayHelloToTheAngels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Glad to know you are loving Indonesia. I'm going to be coming out next year to do a tour of as much of Indonesia as possible in 2-3 months.

Would love to pick your brain for some information with regards to the country.

If you don't mind answering a few questions I would appreciate it greatly.

Ryan
Old Nov 24th 2010, 10:31 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by exbrit69
Greetings. Anyone living in Indonesia? I have been here for 7 years now and I love it. No bloody speed cameras, VAT, parking Nazis, dog/fishing/TV licences, building permits etc. Cost of living where I am is about one tenth of that of the UK
And you have Blok M, BATS, Stadium and all the Ayams you can handle

Love the place.

Slappy
Old Nov 29th 2010, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

alan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nice

Jakarta, seems nice enough, except for the traffic lol
Old Nov 29th 2010, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alan280170
Jakarta, seems nice enough, except for the traffic lol
What traffic? There isn't any. The definition of traffic is: "The passage of people or vehicles along routes of transportation" Vehicles in Jakarta are stationary. In the rush hour they get parking tickets. Last time I was there, I passed an old lady carrying a large suitcase. I opened the car door and offered her a ride. "No thanks," she replied. "I'm in a hurry."
I would never live in Jakarta and the traffic is only one of the reasons. Too bloody expensive and the women are just like Westerners...UGH! I am happy here in Probolinggo. I married a local girl seven years ago and to date we have never had a fight or even an argument....Tara
Old Nov 29th 2010, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

alan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nice

What traffic? There isn't any. The definition of traffic is: "The passage of people or vehicles along routes of transportation" Vehicles in Jakarta are stationary. In the rush hour they get parking tickets. Last time I was there, I passed an old lady carrying a large suitcase. I opened the car door and offered her a ride. "No thanks," she replied. "I'm in a hurry."
I would never live in Jakarta and the traffic is only one of the reasons. Too bloody expensive and the women are just like Westerners...UGH! I am happy here in Probolinggo. I married a local girl seven years ago and to date we have never had a fight or even an argument....Tara
Not much options, work brings me here, but I don't know for how long lol
Old Nov 29th 2010, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alan280170
Not much options, work brings me here, but I don't know for how long lol
Give us a yell sometime at 081333334508 My hearing is cruddy due to 30 years of flying noisy airplanes but the wife can rescue me and she speaks kind of Indonesian/Yorkshese
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:46 pm
Banned

adindas is an unknown quantity at this point

hI exbrit69

Lucky you. I might be in Indonesia around July - August

Old Jan 17th 2011, 2:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by adindas
hI exbrit69

Lucky you. I might be in Indonesia around July - August
Great, give me a yell at 62-81333334508 or when you are here 081333334508
Cheers, Sheldon
Old Jan 17th 2011, 5:36 pm
Banned

adindas is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice, will do ...

Great, give me a yell at 62-81333334508 or when you are here 081333334508
Cheers, Sheldon
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:28 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hey... where's everyone gone? New-ish forum for Indonesia and everyone's disappeared
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hey... where's everyone gone? New-ish forum for Indonesia and everyone's disappeared
Seems that way. Maybe they all emigrated
Old Jul 9th 2011, 9:14 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Im here, but I am currently working in Kiribati, near the junction of the equator and the international date line..

Internet is a bit iffy here, and VERY expensive.

Have a bintang for me guys.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.