Anyone in Indonesia?

Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:11 am
Banned

fred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nice
Default Anyone in Indonesia?

Hi,
I'm a British Ex pat now living in Central java, Indonesia.

Is anyone in the area?
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Indonesia?

Our current maid comes from Cilacap and the previous one was from Semarang.

Any idea what these places are like.

When our current maid returns to Cilacap for her two weeks off we want to send her by plane.
She came here, Singapore, by bus and ferry and we can't see a flight to Cilacap.
Is Semarang the nearest place to fly and how can she get from Semarang to Cilacap and how long might it take.

Also we are thinking of a holiday to central Java, not necessarily Yogjakarta but just to look at places like Semarang and Cilacap.

What is the easiest way to get around and would you suggest anywhere special?
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:17 pm
Banned

fred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by ex reg
Our current maid comes from Cilacap and the previous one was from Semarang.

Any idea what these places are like.
The nearest I've been to Cilacap is a Place called Purwokerto but a mate is from there and he seems to think it's a place worth a visit. I'll ask him when I see him on Monday.
Yogyakarta may be a better place to fly to that Semarang but I will check for you.
I do know that Air Asia have flights from KL to Jogja if that works for you.
I've been to Semarang a few times and not thought much of it. Bit crowded and dirty with a flooding problem. Maybe It's because I'm used to Indonesia and so it's not exciting to me and I'm more a fan of villages anyway.

If the lass is bringing cash home with her, tell her NOT to talk to strangers at the airport and to call home with details of how she will get from the airport to home with a best guess at arrival time. I understand that thieves hang around at the airports waiting for maids to arrive back to see who they can rob.

More detail after Monday.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.
Yeah we know about the thieves waiting for maids etc
She sends her money home regularly.

Yeah you may well be right about Yogya being a better bet than Semarang, we never really though of that.

Must be a train link???

A couple of books I've read recently have mentioned Cilacap as quite a large allied base/port during both WWs.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:43 pm
Banned

How to reach Cilacap ?
From Jakarta the capital of Indonesia visitor can take a regular flight at Halim Perdakusumah airport Jakarta to Cilacap Tunggul Wulung Airport or enjoy train from Gambir railway station. From Yogyakarta visitor is recommended to use train, public bus or rental minicab from tour service. Cilacap is about 400 km from Jakarta and 200 km from Yogyakarta.
http://telukpenyu.blogspot.com/2006/09/cilacap.html

I've used Indonesian trains. Not that great idea. Bus is better.
Any Indonesian airline is a very bad idea unless you are into suicide or at least feeling very depressed.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:50 pm
Banned

http://www.answers.com/topic/cilacap

Looks like a nice place to visit. It's only 150km or 3 hours by Honda Tiger so I may just take a wander down there one day when the dry season turns in.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 5:06 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Whats a Honda Tiger please?
Old Apr 5th 2009, 4:42 am
Banned

My second wife.

It's only 200cc but it's till a Honda and all you would expect from a bike with that name on it.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fred uk
My second wife.

http://www.arielz.net/wp-content/upl...ser-2008-1.jpg

It's only 200cc but it's till a Honda and all you would expect from a bike with that name on it.
Top speed or average of 50km/jam?
Old Apr 5th 2009, 3:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ex reg
Top speed or average of 50km/jam?
Top speed of about 120 kph. I don't tend to let mushrooms grow under my tires.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:33 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Thought it might be a bike, Fred.
Obviously not a Triumph market, or Honda don't care that close to home?
Sold my beloved 1999 Triumph Tiger 900cc triple last year and still miss it. Best bike I ever owned out of many
Attached Thumbnails Anyone in Indonesia?-v-reg-tiger.jpg  
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:47 pm
Banned

Nice bike.
I was into bikes back in the UK before I became self employed and didn't have the time any more.
Over the years I've had a good few bikes but my favourite was another Honda. The XBR 500. Not fast or very quick off the mark but a great machine to ride.
Went all over the UK on that baby and even spent a couple of weeks riding down to the south of France when I got especially pigged off at work one day.
Walked into the office, got a couple of weeks leave and straight to a camping shop to buy a tent. The next evening saw me in Dover before getting the ferry the following day.
Only one fault with the bike. I couldn't get my arse off it. Did 12,000 miles in less than 5 month's pleasure riding.