Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India
Reload this Page >

getting money to India quickly

getting money to India quickly

Old Jul 7th 2011, 5:03 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default getting money to India quickly

Yes I know most folk want to get it out.
anyone ever got money over here quickly but not by western union - they will not let me send from UK credit card calling from India - money laundering they say.

I have transferred from bank to bank but need to get urgently to some one up north! I know the indian post office do a service but not that happy with that

thanks
Old Jul 7th 2011, 7:06 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Talking Re: getting money to India quickly

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
anyone ever got money over here quickly but not by western union - they will not let me send from UK credit card calling from India - money laundering they say.

I have transferred from bank to bank but need to get urgently to some one up north! I know the indian post office do a service but not that happy with that

thanks
Bank to bank is the quickest way but make sure you get ALL the details absolutely 100% correct or it may go astray or the receiving bank will bounce it back a month or so later.

Regards

H.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

willb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nicewillb is just really nice
Default Re: getting money to India quickly

Originally Posted by hemingway
Bank to bank is the quickest way but make sure you get ALL the details absolutely 100% correct or it may go astray or the receiving bank will bounce it back a month or so later.

Regards

H.
Fully Agree. 100% correct details.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:45 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

I actually needed cash as the person does not have a bank account
Old Jul 8th 2011, 5:35 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

I guess the dreaded western union is about the only option then unless either party knows someone locally in india that has a bank account that they trust implicitly to receive the money on behalf of the intended recipient.

Regards

H.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

I'm pretty sure that cash as such is impossible/ illegal.
Check out money2india.com - they have a demand draft at named bank option that might suit.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Jul 8th 2011, 6:04 pm
Back from India

Dreaded western Union is the right way to describe them various hops to jump through and then they restrict the amount you can send.
Saw moneygram looked good but not sure if anyone has used that
remit to india is great for bank account holders but not great for someone without
Just seen the remit 2 India not realised about the demand draft that may be the way thanks
Thanks for your thoughts

Last edited by pennylessinindia; Jul 8th 2011 at 6:17 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 7:33 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Just idle curiosity PennylessinIndia, are you a chap or a girlie?

Old Jul 8th 2011, 8:47 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five

Now stop it J5, no looking for tottie on BE.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 1:22 pm
I love apathy!

Originally Posted by johnny five

I wonder if I'm thinking what I think you are thinking.

Please don't take offence pennilessinindia - I'm just interested in J5's thought process.

Regards

H.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 1:30 pm
Back from India

golly this is worse than friends requests on facebook from people you do not know. If you are after my money you will see I am "pennyless" I am happy keeping you all guessing
Old Jul 9th 2011, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Borgno9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I've sent money using moneygram and had no probs. Have sent up to £750 and only paid £10. Make sure you know exactly where your friend can collect the money from as the first time I thought it was going to an agent in Benaulim but my friend ended up having to track it down to Margao!
Old Jul 9th 2011, 7:40 pm
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Originally Posted by a_f_d
I'm pretty sure that cash as such is impossible/ illegal.
Check out money2india.com - they have a demand draft at named bank option that might suit.

AndyD 8-)#
Not sure in India, but in Europe you can legally carry 10,000 euros in cash, with a decleration, not much help for europe, google it.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 4:48 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

golly this is worse than friends requests on facebook from people you do not know. If you are after my money you will see I am "pennyless" I am happy keeping you all guessing

Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: getting money to India quickly

thanks
Can you draw sufficient with your Debit card in Goa and then transfer it to your friend...HDFC do a speedy transfer but you have to have an account with them.
Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.