Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India
Reload this Page >

getting money to India quickly

getting money to India quickly

Old Jul 10th 2011, 9:11 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting money to India quickly

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
golly this is worse than friends requests on facebook from people you do not know. If you are after my money you will see I am "pennyless" I am happy keeping you all guessing
Fair enough!

Quite happy to give my reason for asking though. Someone recently referred to you as a chap living in Bombay. I had always pictured you as a lady.

What esoteric reason for this?

I had always read your avatar as "Penny, less in India"

Funny old life, innit?

Old Jul 12th 2011, 3:51 pm
kfa
Just Joined

kfa is an unknown quantity at this point

I have sent money to my wife in Goa 5 or 6 times, never had any problems. I think the most I could send was £600 without further i.d. I usually send on a Saturday and its collected on the Monday.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:47 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

thanks folks for all you ideas, my problem with so many ways was that I was not living in the UK - Western Union were the worst ever when trying to do it on line
they kept declining and when pushed said it was because I did not have a public presence in the UK - not on the electoral register I am but not the public one.

Money gram looked good but needed someone to pay the cash in at the post office - have to say if I was there this would be my preferred route

In the end opted for ICICI banks money 2 India service - will update if it does not get there.

From the chap or may be chapess in mumbai