Reload this Page >

3 month annual family spiritual and culture visit

3 month annual family spiritual and culture visit

Old Sep 24th 2017, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Mike1001 is on a distinguished road
Default 3 month annual family spiritual and culture visit

Hi,
I am looking to plan visits to Coimbatore region for 3 months every year. We hope to visit or attend the Isha center and allow our primary aged kids to learn some local Indian language, culture and spiritual exposure..we don't need to work,but consider some volunteer or social type volunteering. My wife is an ophthalmologist and I some logistic management skills.I am looking forward to advice on everything from schools to accommodation in the region..many thanks. Mike ,
Old Sep 24th 2017, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 month annual family spiritual and culture visit

Originally Posted by Mike1001
Hi,
I am looking to plan visits to Coimbatore region for 3 months every year. We hope to visit or attend the Isha center and allow our primary aged kids to learn some local Indian language, culture and spiritual exposure..we don't need to work,but consider some volunteer or social type volunteering. My wife is an ophthalmologist and I some logistic management skills.I am looking forward to advice on everything from schools to accommodation in the region..many thanks. Mike ,
You will get more information regarding schools etc. from the IndiaMike http://www.indiamike.com/Forum.
For volunteer work you will need an appropriate visa.

How much time have you spent in India?
Be very careful of 'spiritual' centres--particularly with children--some 'gurus' really are after money and exert undue influence.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks! its very good of you to give me a heads up, I will check out the link.
I do think I am ok with Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev though. He seems to be extremely well known and is highly regarded. Who knows maybe one day I will meet him.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

There are some disturbing details on the Wikipedia entry about your favourite Indian Mystic. Take care !
Old Sep 25th 2017, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks
But I don’t believe Wikipedia is the font of truth. I myself tend to experience or listen to first hand accounts before making judgements.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

No shortage of false prophets - East and West.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Thanks! its very good of you to give me a heads up, I will check out the link.
I do think I am ok with Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev though. He seems to be extremely well known and is highly regarded. Who knows maybe one day I will meet him.
I didn't know much about this guy so I watched his
- i found it pleasantly superficial and for the most part inconsequential, but what was far more significant was the vicious bi-partisanship shown in the comments. This sort of poisonous polarisation seems to poison nearly all current discourse, from politics to sport.

AndyD 8-)
Old Oct 18th 2017, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your reply. One persons poison is another persons cure.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for your reply. One persons poison is another persons cure.
I think you have signally misunderstood at least that part of my post.

AndyD 8-(

Last edited by a_f_d; Oct 18th 2017 at 10:46 am.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Andy, if you think I have misunderstood, please feel free to explain, thanks.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Andy, if you think I have misunderstood, please feel free to explain, thanks.
my reference to poison was only related to the posted comments, not the content of the lecture (come to think about it, most of the posts weren't about the content of the lecture either).

AndyD 8-)