Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Zipperty-do-dah .... my, oh my, what a wonderful day!

Zipperty-do-dah .... my, oh my, what a wonderful day!

Old Aug 26th 2002, 11:01 pm
Nicki

Default Re: Zipperty-do-dah .... my, oh my, what a wonderful day!

On 24 Aug 2002 15:45:39 -0700, [email protected] (DKC) wrote:

>nicki.nz@ntl*world.com (Nicki) wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Fantastic news!
    >> I remember that feeling (way back in March). A whole lots happened to us since
    >> then though. We booked flights to go to NZ in September, but it looks like the
    >> house sale is falling through..... And I thought that would be the easy bit. I
    >> hope buying/selling houses isn't such a nightmare in NZ!
    >> Still - it cheers me up to hear other people are on their way!
    >> All the best, Nicki
    >Nicki,
    >Is this the same Nicki I traded some emails with awhile back? Hello if yes or no!!
    >Buying/selling/renting in Auckland is crazy!! Houses sell and rent with people
    >queued up to buy and rent. Selling and being a landlord is easy, buying and
    >renting is tough. We have been in NZ for 3+ weeks now. Took the first 11 days to
    >travel from Auckland to Wellington and back in a camper. Then we spent 12 days in
    >a motel and now we are in a townhouse (renting) in Devonport. It took a week of
    >driving around and checking with realtors to find out that any reasonably priced
    >rental house (300-450/week) in a desirable area is going to go before it hits the
    >paper. It seems the best way is to find the local papers, that the individual
    >neighborhoods publish, and check out the ads. It's almost like you have to be in
    >the area before you know what's available. Remember it's now what you know, it's
    >who you know, I guess.
    >Good luck! Our kids start school tomorrow, yea!! I have had 3 interviews with a
    >company for a job and things look promising. Things have happened alot faster in
    >the job area than I thought but that's a good thing.
    >When do you plan to arrive?
    >Darryl

Hello! Yes - I am the same Nicki.

(Quick reply!)

Well... it looks like the house sale is almost definitely falling through now BUT
seeing as we'd already booked the flights, we're now looking into taking a holiday in
NZ instead! (See later thread)

I'm so happy to hear things are working well with you.

Nicki

Old Aug 27th 2002, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Kerikeri, Bay of Islands, NZ (was Broadstairs, Kent, UK)
Pippa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Zipperty-do-dah .... my, oh my, what a wonderful day!

Originally posted by Dkc:
nicki.nz@ntl*world.com (Nicki) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Fantastic news!
    > I remember that feeling (way back in March). A whole lots happened to us since
    > then though. We booked flights to go to NZ in September, but it looks like the
    > house sale is falling through..... And I thought that would be the easy bit. I
    > hope buying/selling houses isn't such a nightmare in NZ!
    > Still - it cheers me up to hear other people are on their way!
    > All the best, Nicki

Nicki,

Is this the same Nicki I traded some emails with awhile back? Hello if yes or no!!

Buying/selling/renting in Auckland is crazy!! Houses sell and rent with people
queued up to buy and rent. Selling and being a landlord is easy, buying and renting
is tough. We have been in NZ for 3+ weeks now. Took the first 11 days to travel
from Auckland to Wellington and back in a camper. Then we spent 12 days in a motel
and now we are in a townhouse (renting) in Devonport. It took a week of driving
around and checking with realtors to find out that any reasonably priced rental house
(300-450/week) in a desirable area is going to go before it hits the paper. It seems
the best way is to find the local papers, that the individual neighborhoods publish,
and check out the ads. It's almost like you have to be in the area before you know
what's available. Remember it's now what you know, it's who you know, I guess.

Good luck! Our kids start school tomorrow, yea!! I have had 3 interviews with a
company for a job and things look promising. Things have happened alot faster in the
job area than I thought but that's a good thing.

When do you plan to arrive?

Darryl
Darryl

We are heading out around November time also to Auckland.

By then you'll be an old hand.

Good luck with everything, hope to hear from you again about your experiences in NZ...we need more comments from NZ to give the Aussie members a run for their money.

Cheers to you all

Pippa xx