Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Are you a Plumber wanting to move to Australia? Read me for advice!

Are you a Plumber wanting to move to Australia? Read me for advice!

Old Jul 13th 2018, 8:25 am
Just Joined

LuLu2018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you a Plumber wanting to move to Australia? Read me for advice!

Thanks Alan for the links

I have been through all the suggested websites and links and they have all been very helpful, I really appreciate the guidance! I have some queries in relation to the process but I've been able to email a few companies to try and clarify things and I am a lot more hopeful that we will be able to get the licence sorted
Old Aug 10th 2018, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

luke87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, and thank you Lisa for the initial post.

I am not a tradie, however after working in Australia a few years back my wife and I would like to return. Due to zero qualifications I have been leaning towards pathwaytoaus.com, where they offer a 2 year course in a trade which enable you to become qualified in your chosen trade and able to apply for a visa after 3 years in total. Has anyone used this company or heard positive stories?

TIA Luke
Old Sep 19th 2018, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Mick18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for posting this it has been really helpful. Did your husband get work as a plumber on the working holiday visa? I am planning on moving to Sydney on the working holiday visa along with my partner next year and if you could help with what skills tests/licenses i would need, I would be very grateful. I am a plumber / pipefitter from Glasgow with an SVQ level 3 with 10 years experience.
Old Sep 19th 2018, 11:49 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
https://www.tradesrecognitionaustral...grant-plumbers

See the details at this link.

See also the VETASSESS website for the trade skills assessment process.

Best regards.
Originally Posted by luke87
Hi all, and thank you Lisa for the initial post.

I am not a tradie, however after working in Australia a few years back my wife and I would like to return. Due to zero qualifications I have been leaning towards pathwaytoaus.com, where they offer a 2 year course in a trade which enable you to become qualified in your chosen trade and able to apply for a visa after 3 years in total. Has anyone used this company or heard positive stories?

TIA Luke
getting a trade in Oz usually requires 3-4yrs apprenticeship available to PRs or citizens only so I’d be very vary on putting money towards it. Given that locals are fighting tooth and nail for apprenticeships atm, I can’t see how this company delivers what they promise?
Old Sep 19th 2018, 11:35 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza

getting a trade in Oz usually requires 3-4yrs apprenticeship available to PRs or citizens only so I’d be very vary on putting money towards it. Given that locals are fighting tooth and nail for apprenticeships atm, I can’t see how this company delivers what they promise?
I anticipate the course would necessitate the payment of international student fees - which many of the TAFEs and Unis are very happy to receive, and which may well give the enquirer a leg up over locals seeking enrolment on the same or similar courses.

Best regards.
Old Feb 19th 2019, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

GavinUK82 is an unknown quantity at this point

This was a great post by Lisa is she still active on this site would love to get an update on how things have turned out for her and her husband.
Old Feb 19th 2019, 5:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GavinUK82
This was a great post by Lisa is she still active on this site would love to get an update on how things have turned out for her and her husband.
Looks like she hasn't been on for over two years.
You can try contacting her through her profile here - https://britishexpats.com/forum/members/lisa-93-201532/