yes or no?

Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough
Default yes or no?

just wondering i know this is a strange question to ask but can my ex wife sponsor me so me and my daughter can go and live in oz?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:49 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: yes or no?

Originally Posted by antmeister
just wondering i know this is a strange question to ask but can my ex wife sponsor me so me and my daughter can go and live in oz?

Is she your xs daughter?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough

basically my ex wife moved bk to oz in 2005 and i was left with my daughter, i want my daughter to actually get to know her mum coz i dont think tis fair she shouldnt but theres no visa for me to go to australia with my daughter to live there so my ex wife can get to know her. i think this is kinda wrong thats theres no visa for this category.
i looked and seems my daughter even though in theory shes an australia citizen through decent, CANT sponsor me because shes under 18 and hasnt been a resident for 2 years.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

hmm no replies
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

basically my ex wife moved bk to oz in 2005 and i was left with my daughter, i want my daughter to actually get to know her mum coz i dont think tis fair she shouldnt but theres no visa for me to go to australia with my daughter to live there so my ex wife can get to know her. i think this is kinda wrong thats theres no visa for this category.
i looked and seems my daughter even though in theory shes an australia citizen through decent, CANT sponsor me because shes under 18 and hasnt been a resident for 2 years.

Maybe re-marry?

Seriously now, I don't think she can sponsor you as you aren't her family anymore - sorry.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

typical, only thing shes ever offered me and i cant take it lol
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

typical, only thing shes ever offered me and i cant take it lol

Yup
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

student visa only option but a bit risky aint it?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

student visa only option but a bit risky aint it?

It is yes. I don't know how feasible this is but look into it and get professional advice (as I could be talking out of my arse ):

Apply for your daughters citizenship by decent and get yourself a student visa. Come over and once your daughter has been here two years she may be able to sponsor you for a parent visa.

Although, if you are here on a student visa you should be OK to apply for PR so long as nothing changes. If your daughter gets her citizenship by decent, then at least you won't have to worry about her? Worth a try

Although now looking into it, it seems if your daughter is under 18 then this applies:

You must be sponsored by an eligible sponsor. Usually, your child will sponsor you. If your child is under 18 years you may also be sponsored by one the following:
  • your child's spouse
  • a close family relative or guardian of your child
  • a close family relative or guardian of your child's spouse
  • a community organisation.
http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/fami...-applicant.htm but I don't know if your daughter would still have had to have been here two years, or if it's just the sponsor who would?

Have you seen an agent? what did they say?
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:39 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

With respect, asking the same question (in different variants) over and over again is just going to send you around in circles.

You have already been given advice on this thread and there's not much that a forum can tell you other than to seek good professional advice from one of the small number of agents out there who understands the ministerial discretion process:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509082
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

i saw an agent and they said my easiest and cheapest route is the student visa but i dont know anything about it, i never thought to ask them about it at the time because it wasnt on my list of ways to get in, but NOW it looks like its the only way in because no colleges in my area are doing courses for jobs on the MODL list. what happens when i get there complete my course, do i have to come home? how long does it take for the other visa to come through, i dont want to leave my daughter in australia and have to come back home to wait for another visa to come through.
sorry for all the questions in diff threads.:curse: