Is it worth getting medicals frontloaded?

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:28 am
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all
Question Is it worth getting medicals frontloaded?

Hi - hope someone can help.

We have recently booked our medicals for the end of July, thinking we'd try to save time with the visa process by frontloading these, however after reading various threads recently I'm wondering if we're doing the right thing or if we should wait until they are requested.

We have applied for Subclass 139 visa and have been successfully assessed as "Office Manager" however I have read that there is a flood of office managers and that we are not guaranteed a successful visa (think I've read the thread correctly - not sure!!!).

Visa was sent at the beginning of May and has been acknowledged - is it right that we may not necessarily be asked to undertake medicals if there are too many applications for the same career?

Sorry to sound panicy but don't want to spend another £900 on meds if I could be refused before this stage. Hope someone can reassure me.

Many thanks.

Ali X
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it worth getting medicals frontloaded?

Originally Posted by Mark & Ali

We have recently booked our medicals for the end of July, thinking we'd try to save time with the visa process by frontloading these, however after reading various threads recently I'm wondering if we're doing the right thing or if we should wait until they are requested.

We have applied for Subclass 139 visa and have been successfully assessed as "Office Manager" however I have read that there is a flood of office managers and that we are not guaranteed a successful visa (think I've read the thread correctly - not sure!!!).

Visa was sent at the beginning of May and has been acknowledged - is it right that we may not necessarily be asked to undertake medicals if there are too many applications for the same career?

Sorry to sound panicy but don't want to spend another £900 on meds if I could be refused before this stage. Hope someone can reassure me.

Many thanks.

Ali X

Mate its hard to tell.

Our136 visa was acknoweldged on 22 Feb.
Our meds were frontloaded on 3rd April.
Today is our 4 month anniversary from application...and no sign of a CO.
I wonder if its do do with the fact that we haven't sent our PCCs yet.

But by the looks of others....if you frontload both Meds and PCCs at the same time then it can definitly help.

My advice would be to send of for your PCCs first as these can take upto 40 days to receive them. Try to book your meds for around 2 weeks before these 40 days are up. Then your meds should be processed by LCU around the same time that DIMIA receive you PCCs.

TC
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 10:53 am
Techno Freak

It depends on when you want to go to Oz also.

Your entry date is usually 12 months from the earliest date of police checks
or meds. If you front load early, but don't get a CO and subsequent grant
for ages and ages then you may find that you are in a mad rush to get into
Australia once your visa is granted.

We waited to be requested by our CO as we are in no rush to go so it buys us
some time. We got a CO last week and xrays are getting done today, meds next
week. PCC sent off last week. So, if we are given a visa, we should have
until next June to get sorted and get out there.

"Mark & Ali" <member50087@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > Hi - hope someone can help.
    > We have recently booked our medicals for the end of July, thinking we'd
    > try to save time with the visa process by frontloading these, however
    > after reading various threads recently I'm wondering if we're doing the
    > right thing or if we should wait until they are requested.
    > We have applied for Subclass 139 visa and have been successfully
    > assessed as "Office Manager" however I have read that there is a flood
    > of office managers and that we are not guaranteed a successful visa
    > (think I've read the thread correctly - not sure!!!).
    > Visa was sent at the beginning of May and has been acknowledged - is it
    > right that we may not necessarily be asked to undertake medicals if
    > there are too many applications for the same career?
    > Sorry to sound panicy but don't want to spend another £900 on meds if I
    > could be refused before this stage. Hope someone can reassure me.
    > Many thanks.
    > Ali X
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

mapusok is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as we know it's wortless and even might put you in a preassured situation. Although this is not stated in any DIMIA documents, but we have found out that DIMIA have based it's required initial entry in PCC or Medical expiration date lately. So better not to frontload it and wait for the request. So imagine if you have granted a VISA having PCC expired next month. You will probably asked by DIMIA to enter in Australia not later than two mos. from the VISA granted date.

mapusok
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mapusok
As far as we know it's wortless and even might put you in a preassured situation. Although this is not stated in any DIMIA documents, but we have found out that DIMIA have based it's required initial entry in PCC or Medical expiration date lately. So better not to frontload it and wait for the request. So imagine if you have granted a VISA having PCC expired next month. You will probably asked by DIMIA to enter in Australia not later than two mos. from the VISA granted date.

mapusok

They would probably ask you to so another PCC in this case.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

mapusok is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WendyC
They would probably ask you to so another PCC in this case.
I think they will only ask if it is expired already. But if not like two mos. before the day they are finalizing the result, they will probably use it and grant you a VISA having an initial entry based on the PCC.

A friend of mine, granted a VISA and DIMIA asked her to enter australia not later than two mos. from the date she got the pre-grant letter. She frontloaded her PCC and expiration is nearly the same of her initial entry date required to Australia.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

mapusok
You have to arrive within 12 months of the earliest date of either the PCCs or Meds.

So lets say if you apply in June, do your meds/pccs in July...then you'd have to arrive by July 07. That means that you have 13 months from application to having to validate. If you are a MODL applicant...I reckon 13 months if plenty of time and most MODL frontloading applicants get there visas in less then 6 months.

If you're Non-Modl...then it may be a little more risky. In which case Id still fronload but waint until around 4-5 months after visa application date.

TC
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I think they will only ask if it is expired already. But if not like two mos. before the day they are finalizing the result, they will probably use it and grant you a VISA having an initial entry based on the PCC.

A friend of mine, granted a VISA and DIMIA asked her to enter australia not later than two mos. from the date she got the pre-grant letter. She frontloaded her PCC and expiration is nearly the same of her initial entry date required to Australia.

It depends on the CO. Most would request you had another done if they thought that you would not have enough time.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:44 am
The Analog Kid

sa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond repute

I think is horses for courses depending on Visa Type and personal circumstances
E.G. Our case
139 average visa grant 6-7 months from ack
PCC dated 2 months after ACK date
Meds dated 2 months from ACK date
so if we had A meds this would give us 10 -11 months to validate
if we had B meds this would give us 2 - 1 month to validate

if you are happy to validate before moving the short time wont matter
our worse case is we get visa and have to have a holiday in Oz with a months notice
personally we are happy with that as we will go stay with relatives come home and organise move.

Once again its all down to individual circumstances
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 3:11 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all

Thanks everyone for your replies, really appreciate it.

Can I just clarify: although we have had a successful Vetassess as 'Office Manager', if DIMA are inundated with office manager visas could we be refused? My concern is that I spend £900 on frontloading medicals but the CO decides not to progress with the Visa and therefore PC and medicals are never requested. Does this ever happen?

By the way I've already sent off for my police checks and received acknowledgement so should hopefully get these in the next 2-3 weeks.

Again, many thanks everyone.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 4:28 am
Visa Granted 04/07/2006

zeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant futurezeny has a brilliant future
Lightbulb Re: Is it worth getting medicals frontloaded?

Thanks everyone for your replies, really appreciate it.

Can I just clarify: although we have had a successful Vetassess as 'Office Manager', if DIMA are inundated with office manager visas could we be refused? My concern is that I spend £900 on frontloading medicals but the CO decides not to progress with the Visa and therefore PC and medicals are never requested. Does this ever happen?

By the way I've already sent off for my police checks and received acknowledgement so should hopefully get these in the next 2-3 weeks.

Again, many thanks everyone.
Hi Ali,

I don't think it works that way. If "Office Manager" is on the SOL List (and you have enough points and fulfill all other requirements... blah... blah... blah...), you are eligible to apply and if your application is complete and everything else is okay, there no reason why your visa will be denied.

What you are thinking of is probably the jobs listed in the MODL. These are jobs are deemed "in demand" and if a particular job is considered enough, it will be removed from the list. Nevertheless, this just means losing some points and priority processing. If the points are still enough, the application can still go through.

As long as your application arrives in DIMA before any changes are made, it should be okay.

Maybe some else can reconfirm the above?

On the other issue, frontloading seemingly speeds up the application by a week or two, maybe as much as a month. BUT frontloading will affect your initial entry date.

So, each individual would have to weigh the pros and cons before deciding.

Hope all these helps.

Good Luck with your apps!

CHEERS.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:42 pm
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is it worth getting medicals frontloaded?

Many thanks.

Ali X
Id say it was worth frontloading - saved us 4 months of waiting for request. Book Meds at the 3 months stage.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 3:06 pm
Perth......at last!

sponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of lightsponge is a glorious beacon of light

for some people it is certainly worth front loading, especially if you expect that there maybe a medical condition which might need further investigation or tests. In this situation you are saving yourself time getting the tests done and ready before hand instead of waiting for them to ask you to do them further down the line.

sponge