Working Visa Help - Melbourne

Old Feb 27th 2017, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

HarrisC13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working Visa Help - Melbourne

Hi

I am looking for some advice on a working visa.

My boyfriend is Australian and has recently moved back to Melbourne.

I do not believe I qualify for the Partner Visa but would like to join him in Melbourne.

At this point I am not looking to emigrate but would like to go for a year or two in the first instance.

I am almost 32 so cannot apply for the Working Tourist Visa. I am also concerned that I do not qualify for a visa based on the Skilled Occupations list.

I am in a well paid Management role at a national telecoms retailer.

I work in a Category Management role that spans from product range reviews and pricing analysis to marketing and channel execution.

I have a Law degree but chose not to pursue this profession.

I live in the Greater London area, have worked in numerous industries over the years, own my own home, hold a full clean driving license, do not have a criminal record and have and a good bill of health.

Is there any advice you can give me?

Thank you!
Old Feb 28th 2017, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working Visa Help - Melbourne

I can't think of a skilled visa you qualify for.

The only option that comes to mind would be a prospective marriage visa if you are prepared to marry.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 7:03 am
Just Joined

HarrisC13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verystormy
I can't think of a skilled visa you qualify for.

The only option that comes to mind would be a prospective marriage visa if you are prepared to marry.
How do I get myself judged based on the consolidated list. Under that list their is a sales and marketing criteria that I may qualify for.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 8:11 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

If your occupation is on the CSOL (and you fit the criteria of the assessing authority - in your case, Australian Institute of Management Here) then you would require an employer OR a State or Territory to sponsor you.

Please bear in mind that AIM assessments are for Senior managers with direct reports etc and the assessment seems to be quite stringent based on people's experiences I've read about on this forum. You may qualify easily - only you know how 'senior' your management role is.

If you think you may qualify then you may need to determine which States/Territories are sponsoring (if any) by referring to their individual migration sites (for example, Queensland https://migration.qld.gov.au/skilled-occupation-lists/) or start trying to find an employer to sponsor you.

Best of luck.