working holiday visa and families!

Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

keeley79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default working holiday visa and families!

Hi, could anyone tell me if me and my partner can go to Australia on seperate visas?
We cant get working holiday visas as we have a 3 year old, but could my partner get a working holiday visa whilst i get a long stay visa?
So we then could have an one income.
Has anyone ever done this?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:32 pm
Aussie wannabe!!

LoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really nice
Default Re: working holiday visa and families!

Hi as far as i am aware you cannot get a WHV if you have a dependant so he would not be able to get one as he has a child. I may be wrong though, i'm sure someone will be along soon that can advise better.

Take a look at the immigration site for an idea of visas.

http://www.immi.gov.au/
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoobyLoo!
Hi as far as i am aware you cannot get a WHV if you have a dependant so he would not be able to get one as he has a child. I may be wrong though, i'm sure someone will be along soon that can advise better.

Take a look at the immigration site for an idea of visas.

http://www.immi.gov.au/
Would agree that as far as I know dependents can't be included!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

keeley79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes i understand we have a dependent child but i am able to take him with me to Australia on a long stay visa with his fathers consent and adequate funds.
Just interested why one parent cant have a working holiday visa.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keeley79
Yes i understand we have a dependent child but i am able to take him with me to Australia on a long stay visa with his fathers consent and adequate funds.
Because he has a child, it's that simple. You have a child, he has a child. The fact that it's the same child is irrelevant.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

As far as know if you're a parent with dependents you can't get a WHV. I'd advise you to speak to an agent and see what they say. WHV is for young single (ish) people with no ties, given the chance to tour Aus and pick up casual work. If you don't fit into that group you're not allowed in, harsh but they have reasons for all the restrictions
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:40 pm
Aussie wannabe!!

LoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really nice

If you are able to get a long stay visa why not apply as a family? As 'spouse' (you don't necessarily have to be married as long as you cover the criteria required) are allowed to go on main applicants.