working holiday and possible migration

Old Apr 17th 2013, 11:34 am
Just Joined

fraser b is an unknown quantity at this point
Default working holiday and possible migration

Hi there im looking to go for a working holiday visa.
I am currently looking at going to do PCN Non Destructive Testing (UT dye pen and magnetic)

Could I go over on a working holiday and do this job? And how could I get residency through it

Thanks
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:42 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: working holiday and possible migration

Originally Posted by fraser b
Hi there im looking to go for a working holiday visa.
I am currently looking at going to do PCN Non Destructive Testing (UT dye pen and magnetic)

Could I go over on a working holiday and do this job? And how could I get residency through it

Thanks
Don't know the answer to the first question, but if you are accredited to international standards that will definitely help you get work.

If you are looking at residency you will need to check if your occupation is on the CSOL. The closest I could find is '312912 - Metallurgical or Materials Technician' on schedule 2. Might be a bit of a stretch, but you will need to read up on the requirements to see if your training/experience will get a positive outcome. Since it is on schedule 2 you will need to find a sponsor, either a state or company for permanent residency.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:34 am
Just Joined

fraser b is an unknown quantity at this point

That's the one!
If it is that could I get in?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

If you can find a job you can get Employer-sponsored 457 visa yes, for up to 4 years, then if you meet the requirements for a Permanent visa & they were willing to sponsor you for it you could apply for that.. for an overview of all .these visa options got to www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/
Old Apr 20th 2013, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fraser b
That's the one!
If it is that could I get in?
How much experience do you have?