WORK - PROOF

Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:20 am
Wjuicypeach

Wjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura about
Default WORK - PROOF

I have given a works reference stating experience and time at company.
However I am in trouble if they ask 4 payslips etc as I have totally misplaced full file when moving house 6 months ago. I now only have proof of 6 months payslips although I have worked there for 5 years.
Do they always ask for payslips etc as well as references?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:28 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WORK - PROOF

My understanding is that you need to prove your job was paid for - simplest way is to provide payslips, but you can also show alternatives, such as bank statements, tax returns, etc. pretty much any proof of funds transfer that has both your name and the company's name on the same bit of paper. I used a standard HR letter, showing period of employment, position and annual income in lieu of payslips and that was not questioned.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

I think, your annual tax statement from the company could also be used. it's called as W2 in the USA, FORM 16 in India. These two are the countries I have worked in and know of. I am sure the equivalent exists in other countries as well.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:06 am
Wjuicypeach

Wjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura about

Thanking you all