Applying for 2nd WHV?

Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

beachlou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for 2nd WHV?

Hello,

My husband and I really want to go to Australia, but the visa process is taking a long time and we wondered if it's possible to apply for a WHV and then apply for a 175 visa at a later date?

If this is possible, we also need to know if my husband can get a 2nd WHV? He had one in 2000 when he went backpacking in his gap year-can he apply for another?

Many thanks
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:52 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for 2nd WHV?

Yes, you can apply for a WHV and enter Australia whilst you are waiting for the 175. However, you will have to leave Australia once the 175 is granted to validate it.

Your husband could only apply for a second WHV if he meets these requirements: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/work...ity-second.htm
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

shirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really niceshirley78 is just really nice
Default Re: Applying for 2nd WHV?

Originally Posted by WS
Yes, you can apply for a WHV and enter Australia whilst you are waiting for the 175. However, you will have to leave Australia once the 175 is granted to validate it.

Your husband could only apply for a second WHV if he meets these requirements: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/work...ity-second.htm
we are also thinking of getting a whv whislt our 175 is being processes, has anybody else done this? do you know if this would effect the processing of the permament visa?