Work in Australia/age 59/482 Visa?

Old Mar 19th 2024, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Ivana0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work in Australia/age 59/482 Visa?

Hi, I am starting to look for my options to work in Australia. I have been volunteering in India for a few years under a visa. I am 59 years old and hold a finance degree from Prague. I have experience in accountancy, administration, and teaching meditation. Additionally, I have an open college diploma Meditation teacher from the UK. Painting is what I do in India, and I am now exploring my options. I would appreciate any ideas. I have always been discouraged by my age, but I have started to explore the possibility of a Visa 482.
I need any advice and your encouragement
Old Mar 20th 2024, 6:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work in Australia/age 59/482 Visa?

Originally Posted by Ivana0
Hi, I am starting to look for my options to work in Australia. I have been volunteering in India for a few years under a visa. I am 59 years old and hold a finance degree from Prague. I have experience in accountancy, administration, and teaching meditation. Additionally, I have an open college diploma Meditation teacher from the UK. Painting is what I do in India, and I am now exploring my options. I would appreciate any ideas. I have always been discouraged by my age, but I have started to explore the possibility of a Visa 482.
I need any advice and your encouragement
I'm not sure there is much encouragement that can be given.

The 482 would require you to have a skill in demand, an employer able to sponsor you, and is a temporary visa requiring you to work for that employer. If you lose that job, you have 60 days to find another suitable employer, be granted another visa, or leave the country.
Old Mar 20th 2024, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I'm not sure there is much encouragement that can be given.

The 482 would require you to have a skill in demand, an employer able to sponsor you, and is a temporary visa requiring you to work for that employer. If you lose that job, you have 60 days to find another suitable employer, be granted another visa, or leave the country.
I appreciate any reply
I am skilful and i got that i need to get two things
1. To prove that I am skilful to goverment
2. To find somebody who needs me

I am outside of Australia and maybe I could send my Cv and they will tell me yo need to apply for this and you will have demand even if the employer finish contract early

Last edited by Ivana0; Mar 20th 2024 at 8:09 am.
Old Mar 20th 2024, 8:21 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate any reply
I am skilful and i got that i need to get two things
1. To prove that I am skilful to goverment
2. To find somebody who needs me

I am outside of Australia and maybe I could send my Cv and they will tell me yo need to apply for this and you will have demand even if the employer finish contract early
You need to have a skill in demand - check the list here https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...ccupation-list

All other eligibility criteria here - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...am#Eligibility

It's not just about finding someone to hire you - it's about finding an approved sponsor to hire you
Old Mar 20th 2024, 8:45 am
Just Joined

It's not just about finding someone to hire you - it's about finding an approved sponsor to hire you
Can I get to acces an approved sponsors? I'd a list somewhere?
I suppose it takes time to become from "someone sponsor" to "approved sponsor" and very hard approve that it shortage of people in the area for the job. But generally for me really any place in Australia with access to drinking water.
Old Mar 20th 2024, 9:14 am

Can I get to acces an approved sponsors? I'd a list somewhere?
I suppose it takes time to become from "someone sponsor" to "approved sponsor" and very hard approve that it shortage of people in the area for the job. But generally for me really any place in Australia with access to drinking water.
Is your occupation on the list?
Old Mar 20th 2024, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Is your occupation on the list?
hi.
Good question if you want I will send you my CV privately.
anyway i look for the 482 options​​ for me

272612 RECREATION OFFICER (AUS) / RECREATION COORDINATOR (NZ)
  • Alternative Title:
    • Recreation Adviser

Plans, organises and coordinates recreation facilities and programs through organisations such as local governments, schools, church bodies and youth organisations.Skill Level: 1

•  
    • 141211 Caravan Park and Camping Ground Manager

• 141211 CARAVAN PARK AND CAMPING GROUND MANAGER
  • Organises and controls the operations of a caravan park and camping ground to provide accommodation and leisure services. Registration or licensing may be required.Skill Level: 2

Old Mar 20th 2024, 9:34 am

hi.
Good question if you want I will send you my CV privately.
anyway i look for the 482 options​​ for me

272612 RECREATION OFFICER (AUS) / RECREATION COORDINATOR (NZ)
  • Alternative Title:
    • Recreation Adviser

Plans, organises and coordinates recreation facilities and programs through organisations such as local governments, schools, church bodies and youth organisations.Skill Level: 1

•  
    • 141211 Caravan Park and Camping Ground Manager

• 141211 CARAVAN PARK AND CAMPING GROUND MANAGER
  • Organises and controls the operations of a caravan park and camping ground to provide accommodation and leisure services. Registration or licensing may be required.Skill Level: 2
Please do not send me your CV - it is of no interest to me and I cannot help you.

It appears very much like you are clutching at straws. What is the fascination with Australia?

If you just want to visit, you may be able to get a visa - just not one that allows you to work.
Old Mar 20th 2024, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Please do not send me your CV - it is of no interest to me and I cannot help you.

It appears very much like you are clutching at straws. What is the fascination with Australia?

If you just want to visit, you may be able to get a visa - just not one that allows you to work.
No. Do not worry. I do not want to disturb you by my CV.

What is the fascinating about Australia?
To work at place whete iis democracy and sunshine.. No i am not interested at holiday there.

And yes I am clutching at straw.
Old Mar 23rd 2024, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The visa you mention is temporary and because of your age cannot become permanent. Unfortunately at your age (and I am older….) the only sure way to permanent residency would be a partner visa.