Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Wife Problem? Can't believe its happening to me

Wife Problem? Can't believe its happening to me

Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:31 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife Problem? Can't believe its happening to me

Originally Posted by live2learn
Ok tell me, is there any law that says, only mother can have the child custody till the child reaches the mature age. That what my ex told me.

And you simply accepted what your ex said, just like that?

What country do you live in?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ

Of course I did not accept that. I knew what she said was nonsense. The thing is, if I immigrate with my daughter I don't want my ex coming after us and create problems everywhere. But I will fight for my daughter and try to get her back.

This is really a big pain in the neck.

Now, do I have to send my daughter's medical report along with my visa application or only when the officer requests for it later?

Thanks!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Of course I did not accept that. I knew what she said was nonsense. The thing is, if I immigrate with my daughter I don't want my ex coming after us and create problems everywhere. But I will fight for my daughter and try to get her back.

This is really a big pain in the neck.

Now, do I have to send my daughter's medical report along with my visa application or only when the officer requests for it later?

Thanks!
The Case officer will ask for your medicals and your police clearance checks in the future. Just submit your visa application with your qualification assessment and payment. Your CO will let you know what you have to do next. If you require a PCC from any other country than the UK you'd need to look into how long that takes.

Good luck and I know you daughter won't understand but still let her know that you love her and will fight for her. Subconciously that will do a lot for her.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Could you please recommend me a good lawyer or an agent who can really help me out in my case.

I would really really appreciate

Thank you!

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I would suggest very strongly that you get some advice from a lawyer well versed in family law for advice on that!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

LeeLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ

That's a bit out of order..this guy is looking for help, not a lecture. I think as a moderator you of all people should be looking to give a helping hand not create problems!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks LeeLee for pointing that out but JAJ is also right about that point.

I welcome any comments

No worries.

Cheers!

Originally Posted by LeeLee

That's a bit out of order..this guy is looking for help, not a lecture. I think as a moderator you of all people should be looking to give a helping hand not create problems!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

cazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to all

Thanks LeeLee for pointing that out but JAJ is also right about that point.

I welcome any comments

No worries.

Cheers!

Sorry LeeLee - have to agree with Jaj here. Initially it seemed that Live2Learn was just looking at ways to get out of having any responsibility for his 'kid'. Upon reading, I found this quite distasteful and had visions of this poor child being none the wiser to her father scheming to abscond half way across the world. This may not be the case, but it did come across that way and I am glad that some forum members have the decency to pull people up about such matters.

I am a mother and never in a million, billion, trillion years could I imagine leaving my child and moving thousands of miles away. It's a sad world we live in.

Cazz

Last edited by cazzamia; Apr 27th 2008 at 2:47 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cazzamia
Sorry LeeLee - have to agree with Jaj here. Initially it seemed that Live2Learn was just looking at ways to get out of having any responsibility for his 'kid'. Upon reading, I found this quite distasteful and had visions of this poor child being none the wiser to her father scheming to abscond half way across the world. This may not be the case, but it did come across that way and I am glad that some forum members have the decency to pull people up about such matters.

I am a mother and never in a million, billion, trillion years could I imagine leaving my child and moving thousands of miles away. It's a sad world we live in.

Cazz
As you say, we don't know his exact circumstances, including whether the contact or not with his child is a matter within his control. I've actually been given the impression that the lack of contact is not through his choosing. While I understand what you're saying there are plenty, and I really do mean plenty, of men who have no contact with their children through the mothers choice, not theirs. If this wasn't a frequent occurence, Familes Need Fathers wouldn't exist and in situations like that it's not a case of leaving their children, their children have already been taken from them which is just as wrong.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi NikiL,

You are right about that. I completely agree that most of the fathers are not seeing their kids or should I say... not able to see their kids because of mothers unwise decisions.

I strongly believe the no one can take the father's place when it comes to protecting the kid.

But sometime just sometimes because of the mother's wrong moves and bad decision,the poor little child suffer all his life.

If mother is wise enough and has the wisdom then she will never take the child away from the father and father away from the child.

And only I know what situation I am in. Its painful to describe.

Life is a collection of experiences and this of of the bitter experiences.

Originally Posted by NikiL
As you say, we don't know his exact circumstances, including whether the contact or not with his child is a matter within his control. I've actually been given the impression that the lack of contact is not through his choosing. While I understand what you're saying there are plenty, and I really do mean plenty, of men who have no contact with their children through the mothers choice, not theirs. If this wasn't a frequent occurence, Familes Need Fathers wouldn't exist and in situations like that it's not a case of leaving their children, their children have already been taken from them which is just as wrong.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Cazz

I am a mother also, to 4 children, and i will be leaving 2 behind and a grandson....does that make me a bad parent and you a good one?? :curse:
I don't think so.....just because you can't imagine leaving your child, let alone actually do it, doesn't make you a better person than myself or the OP...you make it sound like a really horrid/awful thing to do, when everyone has their own situation to contend with and people have to do whats right for them and their families...
Old Apr 27th 2008, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

pinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the rough

No its not only the mother that can get custody but like somebody has already said you must get advice on this.

Are you with an agent?
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

No pinkjane8, I am doing everything on my own. Now the only thing that I've to do is to get the medicals done for the kid!

I've come all the way to this stage all by myself.

Lets see how things go.

Originally Posted by pinkjane8
No its not only the mother that can get custody but like somebody has already said you must get advice on this.

Are you with an agent?

Last edited by live2learn; Apr 27th 2008 at 8:08 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

pinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the roughpinkjane8 is a jewel in the rough

Yes your wife is going to have to know what you're up to i'm afraid, but I wish you all the luck in the world and please keep me updated as to how you're doing
Old Apr 28th 2008, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

cazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to allcazzamia is a name known to all

Well in response to all my critics, would just like to add that I am an avid supporter of Father's for Justice and am disgusted when people, especially mothers, use children as a weapon. As I said in my post, it initially came across to me that this person was not interested in his 'kids' welfare but was looking at a way of getting out of his responsibilities without considering how his child will feel when they are old enough to understand.

When I say I would never leave my child (who is 3 years old), I am not saying that people are wrong for leaving older, grown up children behind. That is a totally different scenario. I am just saying if I was in the same situation I would fight to the death for the right to see my child and moving half way across the world isn't going to improve matters, is it???

Even if I things didn't work out between myself and my husband and we were to split I wouldn't move to another country if I had custody of our child as I feel this would be totally unfair towards both my husband and our child.

All the best

Carol

Last edited by cazzamia; Apr 28th 2008 at 12:50 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

You got that right cazzamia. Thats exactly what the mother is doing, using the child as a weapon without realizing that the child's life is at stake.

My philosophy is that its better if a child is staying with a single parent (either with me or with the mother) coz if the couple stays together despite the differences only because of the child, there will be conflicts, arguments and that will create an unhealthy atmosphere for the child to grow up, watching parents argue all day long. And later, the child grow old, he does the same things all over.

Well in response to all my critics, would just like to add that I am an avid supporter of Father's for Justice and am disgusted when people, especially mothers, use children as a weapon. As I said in my post, it initially came across to me that this person was not interested in his 'kids' welfare but was looking at a way of getting out of his responsibilities without considering how his child will feel when they are old enough to understand.

When I say I would never leave my child (who is 3 years old), I am not saying that people are wrong for leaving older, grown up children behind. That is a totally different scenario. I am just saying if I was in the same situation I would fight to the death for the right to see my child and moving half way across the world isn't going to improve matters, is it???

Even if I things didn't work out between myself and my husband and we were to split I wouldn't move to another country if I had custody of our child as I feel this would be totally unfair towards both my husband and our child.

All the best

Carol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.