Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Why would agent send paper application instead on online?

Why would agent send paper application instead on online?

Old Mar 24th 2008, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Bag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant future
Default Why would agent send paper application instead on online?

This is one for you experts out there.
My agent has sent our application as a paper based which as we all know goes infinitely slower than online!
Why why why????
She didn't ask us - we would have said to send online app.

Thanks for your opinions.

BTW I have asked her - just waiting for a reply. I want to compare her answer with others.

Alex
Old Mar 24th 2008, 4:35 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Why would agent send paper application instead on online?

Originally Posted by Bag End Bunch
My agent has sent our application as a paper based which as we all know goes infinitely slower than online!
Why why why????

BTW I have asked her - just waiting for a reply. I want to compare her answer with others.

Alex
At the moment there is only a small team apparently working on the online applications. More staff are working towards clearing the backlog of paperbased applications, so maybe this is why she is doing this as most applications are online from Sept07. Meaning less paperbased ones being sent in & therefore they can be dealt with quicker maybe Not 100% sure but it may be a valid reason.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Why why why????

Alex
Hi Alex,
I asked this question myself after reading on BE that online applications where supposed to get processed quicker.
The answear was that apparently you can only attach 60 documents with an online application and my case would be more than that (don't ask me what this includes though).
I'm sure someone will be along with more info/experience of this.

As I have employed an agent I will go with the advice given but I will look forward to any other replies about this.
Hope this helps.

Johnnyyt
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

I suggest asking your agent - he/she is the only person who will know for sure
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice

Why why why????

Alex
i would probably say because you have done the hard work and all she has to do is check and submit! money for nothing! ;-)
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:52 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Hi Alex,
I asked this question myself after reading on BE that online applications where supposed to get processed quicker.
The answear was that apparently you can only attach 60 documents with an online application and my case would be more than that (don't ask me what this includes though).
I'm sure someone will be along with more info/experience of this.

As I have employed an agent I will go with the advice given but I will look forward to any other replies about this.
Hope this helps.

Johnnyyt

Not sure about that, ASPC provide an email address if you need to send any additional documents that you can't submit with the online application.