Just got a positive skills assement!

Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future
Default Just got a positive skills assement!

Just got a letter yesterday saying I've had a positive skills assessment for the institute of chartered accountants. I know it's only the first step on the long road - but it's the first milestone achieved so I'm happy

Shame I can't apply properly until December though - need to get some more work experience to meet the basic requirements.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Just got a positive skills assement!

Congratulations!!!! Great feeling isn't it?!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:57 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Well done Luke! Best of luck with the rest of the application
Irish Gal
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Thanks for the reply!

I am just gonna be using two months old emp ref. letter, but the pay slip will be a new one (i.e for the recent month). I think, that should do it... right? *

* One more thing Irish Gal, is scanning (in color) and uploading the Passport OK? instead of the birth certificate for the age proof. (coz I don't have one)

* Also, do we need to include the CV (resume) for the online visa application or was it just the ACS who required it?

Thanks Irish Gal!

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Well done Luke! Best of luck with the rest of the application
Irish Gal

Last edited by live2learn; Mar 24th 2008 at 2:11 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke Brown
Just got a letter yesterday saying I've had a positive skills assessment for the institute of chartered accountants. I know it's only the first step on the long road - but it's the first milestone achieved so I'm happy

Shame I can't apply properly until December though - need to get some more work experience to meet the basic requirements.
Do these skills assessments cost money? Or is there an agency who will do an unofficial one for you?

Cheers

Jamie
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

fartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nice

Originally Posted by brissybound
Do these skills assessments cost money? Or is there an agency who will do an unofficial one for you?

Cheers

Jamie
Good on ya!

Hope the rest goes well for ya 'BUD'
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:46 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by live2learn
Thanks for the reply!

I am just gonna be using two months old emp ref. letter, but the pay slip will be a new one (i.e for the recent month). I think, that should do it... right? *

* One more thing Irish Gal, is scanning (in color) and uploading the Passport OK? instead of the birth certificate for the age proof. (coz I don't have one)

* Also, do we need to include the CV (resume) for the online visa application or was it just the ACS who required it?

Thanks Irish Gal!
I'm sure passport will be fine and yes, make sure its colour scanned.

We didn't provide any resume with our online application - just needed it for the TRA (different accessing body). However, our case officer did look for "evidence of employment" so we just provided a copy of payslips and P60s.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Thanks for the reply Irish Gal, by the way, what is P60? is it the full form of employment reference? and also what is OH and CO?

I know, we use lots of terminologies and shortforms.

Just little curious

I'm sure passport will be fine and yes, make sure its colour scanned.

We didn't provide any resume with our online application - just needed it for the TRA (different accessing body). However, our case officer did look for "evidence of employment" so we just provided a copy of payslips and P60s.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:25 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by live2learn
Thanks for the reply Irish Gal, by the way, what is P60? is it the full form of employment reference? and also what is OH and CO?

I know, we use lots of terminologies and shortforms.

Just little curious

OH - other half (partner, wife, husband)

CO - case officer

P60 - A form you get from your employer after April each year, it confirms your annual income, tax, pension etc. for the previous year.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:45 pm
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by mary1967
OH - other half (partner, wife, husband)

CO - case officer

P60 - A form you get from your employer after April each year, it confirms your annual income, tax, pension etc. for the previous year.

Thanks for answering that. Took me ages to get the hang of all the terms too.

IMHO = In my honest opinion
IMO = In my opinion
LOL = Lots of Love or Laugh out Loud
LCU = Local Clearing Unit
OP = Other person

These are some that confused me too.
Irish Gal
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:05 pm

Thanks for answering that. Took me ages to get the hang of all the terms too.

IMHO = In my honest opinion
IMO = In my opinion
LOL = Lots of Love or Laugh out Loud
LCU = Local Clearing Unit
OP = Other person

These are some that confused me too.
Irish Gal

PMSL - Took me ages to work that one out!!!!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mary1967
PMSL - Took me ages to work that one out!!!!
What does that stand for?????
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

congratulations!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by GillyG
What does that stand for?????

Just sent you a private message (PM)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.