Who's done it without an agent?

Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:14 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who's done it without an agent?

I was just wondering if any of you are doing your own applications?
most people seem to use an agent but I'm not.
What are the benefits of using an agent other than to check your forms?
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of
Default Re: Who's done it without an agent?

Originally Posted by Kapri
We did our own application and so far so good. Had medical requests and police checks requested without any further information being asked for.

I think it comes down to whether your case is a "simple" one or one which you will need professional guidance from an agent for and also how confident you are in your own abilities to provide the information needed.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

liamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura aboutliamcnaught has a spectacular aura about

HI Kapri

We used an agent as both my husband and I work and juggle our 3 boys - it was primarily the time factor - we didn't have any!! Using the 'Visa Bureau' allowed us to be shown which forms are required and how to compile our documentation. Also our caseworker Athena will check all forms to ensure they are correct before sending off. I guess they have the experience to know how and what the relevant authorities require.

Hope this helps

Lia
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:25 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys. I've just seen anothere thread on this which has answered my questions. Mine seems fairly simple so I'm going to do it myself.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:28 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

We did it ourselves and had no problems. As long as you have a simple skills assessment and read everything carefully it will be fine.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:46 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Flutterby

I think it comes down to whether your case is a "simple" one or one which you will need professional guidance from an agent for and also how confident you are in your own abilities to provide the information needed.
yep i agree with above. we havent used an agent and so far so good, had meds requested end of jan, with no other info needed, so just waiting now.
good luck
Old Mar 1st 2007, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by want2bthere
yep i agree with above. we havent used an agent and so far so good, had meds requested end of jan, with no other info needed, so just waiting now.
good luck

We also did it ourselves... if you get stuck on anything you can always find the answer by posting here..Maybe someone who has some spare time should write a step by step guide..

Cheers
Old Mar 1st 2007, 12:36 pm
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chrispy
We also did it ourselves... if you get stuck on anything you can always find the answer by posting here..Maybe someone who has some spare time should write a step by step guide..

Cheers
We too did it ourselves - even though it wasn't a straight forward application, and with a fear of forms (dyslexic) However, we did it and its been okay...so far. Just waiting for a visa now..........COME ON!!!

Good luck though - you will get lots of help if you get stuck!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:38 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

We've done ours ourselves Straight forward application.

Well actually we didn't do it ourselves, we did it with A LOT of help from the lovely people on here and the odd agent answered some questions on here for us too

Last edited by Clippy; Mar 1st 2007 at 1:45 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Clippies
Well actually we didn't do it ourselves, we did it A LOT of help from the lovely people on here and the odd agent answered some questions on here for us too
Quite right, this website and the advice from both the agents and those who have already been through the process was absolutely invaluable!!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flutterby
Quite right, this website and the advice from both the agents and those who have already been through the process was absolutely invaluable!!
Congrats to all of you who have done it yourselves! I wouldn't have the confidence to even attempt it! Hats off to you. This forum has kept me sane ... so far!!!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bexie
Congrats to all of you who have done it yourselves! I wouldn't have the confidence to even attempt it! Hats off to you. This forum has kept me sane ... so far!!!
Are you sure!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:16 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Ive used an agent purely cos i'm bloody lazy
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:45 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

We did the skills assessment (Engineers Australia) and the visa ourselves. Our case was very straight forward with no major complications. I just spent a lot of time reading forums (mostly this one) until I felt comfortable with everything that I was doing.

We applied June 16th and were granted the visa December 2. So it can be done as long as you're prepared for lots of reading
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

denise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nice

We have done it without one, and after reading through many discussion boards on here, I think its something you should if you have a relatively simple application, and know that you are the kind of person that reads things thoroughly before jumping in with both feet.

We have found the process really simple, but everybody's circumstances are different.

Best of luck
Denise
x