Disappointed and frustrated

Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:50 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Disappointed and frustrated

I was all ready to send off the last of my documents to the nurses board of Victoria today. They have received everything they need from NMC, employer etc and I was going to get my birth and marriage certs certified and sent off today. This would have put me on the first rung of the ladder and I was so excited.
I have just discovered that my birth cert is only an abbreviated one and so is not suitable. I have contacted the registrars office to order a full one but it has put me back by a week or so.
My husband can't understand why I'm so upset as it's only a weeks delay but when the whole process takes so long every second counts.
Moan over.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Disappointed and frustrated

Hi yeah I can totally understand, having gone through the whole process. A week does seem like an eternity. You have however done all you can at this stage. Hang in there and get it all sent as soon as you get your full copy.

Donna
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kapri
I was all ready to send off the last of my documents to the nurses board of Victoria today. They have received everything they need from NMC, employer etc and I was going to get my birth and marriage certs certified and sent off today. This would have put me on the first rung of the ladder and I was so excited.
I have just discovered that my birth cert is only an abbreviated one and so is not suitable. I have contacted the registrars office to order a full one but it has put me back by a week or so.
My husband can't understand why I'm so upset as it's only a weeks delay but when the whole process takes so long every second counts.
Moan over.
Hi there

It's frustrating I know but did you know you can order your birth cert online and order 1-2 days delivery. Thats what we did (oxfordshire) and it came in 2 days!
Don't know if it's the same where you are but might be worth looking into.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MANDS14
Hi there

It's frustrating I know but did you know you can order your birth cert online and order 1-2 days delivery. Thats what we did (oxfordshire) and it came in 2 days!
Don't know if it's the same where you are but might be worth looking into.
I ordered mine online too, luckily had time as our agent informed us at the beginning that a full certificate would be needed, otherwise I would have sent off the abbreviated one.
Sam
Old Mar 1st 2007, 2:23 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I have ordered one online today. It will go out maybe today, maybe tomorrow, 2nd class.
I knew from the outset that a full one was needed but I only bothered to check today which version I had! Silly - I know.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

denise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kapri
Moan over.
Hang in there we understand, its deflating. However, they usually over-estimate times on these things and you will probably find you get it in a couple of days.

Denise
x