who applying 457 thread

Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Tabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really nice
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by BecciJ
OMG.... the long awaited words "Applicant Approved" have appreared!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited/scared/convinced they'll take those magic words away!! Aaaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Stuck in work now too so really having to keep my excitment under wraps!!

The only thing i'm not sure of is the condition 8403 attached to the visa- Report for Evidence. What does this mean anyone?

Apparantly it means that you have a month once you land to get the visas stamped into your passports.

Jackie
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

BrynJill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tabbiespice
Apparantly it means that you have a month once you land to get the visas stamped into your passports.

Jackie
Maybe a silly question this, but if I am sending scanned documents as attachments to my online visa application, do they still have to be certified copies?
Thanks, Jill
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Tabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really nice

Originally Posted by BrynJill
Maybe a silly question this, but if I am sending scanned documents as attachments to my online visa application, do they still have to be certified copies?
Thanks, Jill
The immi site has a list of documents and they say there whether they should be certified or not. We certified everything just in case and got it done at the magistrates court which is a lot easier and cheaper than using a notary solicitor.

We used these pages:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...-preparing.htm
and this page relates to the documents required:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...pplication.htm

Hope this helps

Jackie and Steve
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

BrynJill is an unknown quantity at this point

The immi site has a list of documents and they say there whether they should be certified or not. We certified everything just in case and got it done at the magistrates court which is a lot easier and cheaper than using a notary solicitor.

We used these pages:

Hope this helps

Jackie and Steve
Thanks for that Jackie
I have read both information sites
I think it will be easier to just get them all certified
Best Wishes
Jill
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:51 pm
xfingers for Perth

GillB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, back again. Have now changed our son's name and got his new birth certificate and applied for his passport which should come early next week. Then scan in all his docs and get them notarised and snail mailed. Hopefully then start the visa process!! Congratulations to all since I last posted that have got their visas. Looking forward to meeting all in or going to Perth.
Gill
Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

We used these pages:

Hope this helps

Jackie and Steve
I had a lot of problems with this, but in the end decided to just attach colour scanned copies, uncertified and wait to see if they rejected them, and so far so good. I have had a request for further info, but that was for my CV which i had forgoten to attach
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
I had a lot of problems with this, but in the end decided to just attach colour scanned copies, uncertified and wait to see if they rejected them, and so far so good. I have had a request for further info, but that was for my CV which i had forgoten to attach
we did not cert any of our docs just scanned them and sent them and we got our visa 28 days later- never knew our co so must have been ok
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:52 am
Just Joined

magda from holland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by midwife-mandy
Hi all, I have arrived in Perth. All well but very busy. Singapore airlines were excellent and the wonderful women at Heathrow let me off the 450 pounds extra baggage charge. We are in a short term let, clean and basic and I am looking for a long term let. Have opened the bank account, brought mobile phones and I pick my car up Thur. I start work next Tue so hope to get loads done this week. Good luck everyone with your visas and PM me if you need any help. I dont have a computer at the moment but I am using the hotel one, so not online much. I will give a full update soon with prices and details. Fingers crossed for Visa
Hi Mandy,

Saw today that you arrived in Perth. I am very busy to get everything organised for our own move. Can you send me a pm as you have find a house? Good luck with everything.

Regards,
Magda
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by magda from holland
Hi Mandy,

Saw today that you arrived in Perth. I am very busy to get everything organised for our own move. Can you send me a pm as you have find a house? Good luck with everything.

Regards,
Magda
Hi Magda, I know how it feels trying to get everything ready! I have found a house and I am just waiting for the magic yes. I fell in love with it the minute i walked through the door, so fingers crossed. I hope to hear today so I will PM you later. Good luck with everything
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

Flumpy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

This is our first post have been following this thread for a few weeks now whilst waiting to hear about our 457 visa. My husband is being sponsored, our application was lodged 2nd Nov 07, medicals were already done. His employers business nomination was approved 20th feb (The company has not sponsored anyone before) and we still haven't heard anything!

There was a TRN number on the email of approval that employer sent but it's coming up as not being recognised, does anyone know why?

We're getting a bit worried now as our chest xrays expire 26th March, agent doesn't seem worried! If we do have to do them again how quick can you get appointments? It took four weeks last time. We did have an email today from agent saying that the visa's are now being held up by verification checks in the UK and has asked us to check with employers and former employers but after chasing them up today, nobody has heard anything from the immigration dept it's all getting a bit much now!!

Sorry for all the questions, can anybody help? We're pulling our hair out!!!

Flumpy
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:13 am
Just Joined

wslee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by midwife-mandy
Hi Magda, I know how it feels trying to get everything ready! I have found a house and I am just waiting for the magic yes. I fell in love with it the minute i walked through the door, so fingers crossed. I hope to hear today so I will PM you later. Good luck with everything
just got my house in bull creek last week, very difficult to get one now. very high competition, especially we are new comer that don't have rental history here, most agent will reject us first. i got mine (very nice house !) with offer the agent $15 above the asking weekly rental !

spending whole week end in Ikea & harvey norman for my new house now, good luck.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wslee
just got my house in bull creek last week, very difficult to get one now. very high competition, especially we are new comer that don't have rental history here, most agent will reject us first. i got mine (very nice house !) with offer the agent $15 above the asking weekly rental !

spending whole week end in Ikea & harvey norman for my new house now, good luck.
your just up the rd from us so welcome to the neighbourhood !!!! are you coming to the kings park meet today ???
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shazza
hey all
just found site today(im very slow) applied for 457 and completed medicals and xrays last week: just waiting now to book flights.due to start job in september but not sure if visa will be in time? moving with hubby and: 2 kids 16 and9.cant wait..anyone else going out to brisbane
Hi All

I am at the very start of the process - going out 'hopefully' on 457 with 16 and 11yr old. Look forward to hearing how your 16yr old eenjoys Brisbane
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:34 am
Just Joined

wslee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
your just up the rd from us so welcome to the neighbourhood !!!! are you coming to the kings park meet today ???
oh, I'm not aware of it ! Has been too buzy trying to settle down in this new enviroment. Getting new phone, internet connection, enrolling my 2 litter girl to school, buying car, getting a permenant house, get familiar in the new working enviroment ... it is almost killing me ! Hope you all enjoy in the meeting.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:20 am
Just Joined

JohnLor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
2008 Approvals
Name……………......... Office……...applied ……meds rec…..meds finalised …visa

Ianhutch…………......Perth..........02-Oct….......…………….6 Nov...….…...22 Jan
Pep_Juani..............Melbourne...8 Oct.......23 oct.......14 Nov...........21 Jan
Looaa1909.............................18 Oct......8 Nov........20 Nov..........10 Jan
Paraponte………………………........ .1 Nov ......4 Dec........Dec...............17 Jan
Laura_and_James....................2 Nov.......8 Nov........8 Nov.............5 Jan
LM109....................Brisbane....11 Nov.....20 Nov.......23 Nov...........16 Jan
PeterYork...............................13 Nov.....16 Nov......19 Nov............16 Jan
Moggs1980.............................20 Nov.....12.Nov......13 Nov......... ..8 Jan
Suart.....................Brisbane.....20 Nov.....04 Dec......14 Jan............19 Jan
Withnail..................Sydney......22 Nov....9 Jan.........10 Jan............17 Jan
Monet....................................26 Nov....................26 Nov............4 Jan
S1mon321..............................26 Nov.....4 Dec........4 Dec.............12 Feb
Ypandher................Sydney......5 Dec......13 Dec......14 Dec............17 Dec
Jasonmb.................Melbourne..5 Dec.......18 Dec......19 Dec............22 Jan
EdnaAverage...........Sydney......7 Jan.......18 Jan.......22 Jan............23 Jan
MagdaFrom Holland..................5 Dec.......18 Dec...........................12 Feb
Nurse32.................................9 Dec......................14 Dec............30 Jan
Cambridge Lot......... Brisbane....25 Dec......9 Jan.......16 Jan.............5 Feb
Shari68..................................14 Jan......4 Feb........7 Feb.............11 Feb
Tabbiespice.............Perth........8 Dec.......29 Dec.......3rd Jan..........15 Feb
Midwife-Mandy........................11 Dec.....4th Jan.......24th Jan........22 Feb

Name……………......... Office……...applied ……meds rec…..meds finalised …visa
mhmd....................................22 Sept....................5 Nov.............
AngelaR.................................14 Nov.....1 Nov.........4 Dec....
Scuba Steve...........................15 nov........
Beccij.....................Brisbane....22 Nov.....7 Dec.........11 Dec
Fredabloggs............................6 Dec......19 Dec........9 Jan
Paddyo..................................18 Jan......4 Feb.........7 Feb
ScottP...................................23 Jan.....Dec..........
verystormy.............................25 Jan.....31 Jan......
JohnLor...................Perth........14 Feb.....15 Feb......

Tracy
We have taken another small step towareds Australia, our meds have now been finalised. We are now in the queue of people whose applications are being processed further. We are lucky that we managed to sell our house very quickly and have taken a short term lease until we leave. Sad part is that we have had to re home our dogs, I think Lor is still grieving. Anyone who is getting stressed with this whole process spare us a thought, we are also getting married this month and we have just found out that Lor is pregnant!!!!

So we have pretty much everything covered in the old stress dept.

Moving Home - tick
Moving Country - tick
Re homing pets - tick
getting married - tick
having a baby - tick
new job - tick
LOADS OF GREY HAIRS - DOUBLE TICK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.