Where to Begin? (New Member)

Old Sep 14th 2010, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

axwell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to Begin? (New Member)

Hi

Me and my wife have recently made the decision that its time to move from the UK and over to Australia.

My wife is a PE Teacher and currently head of year at a Secondary School in the UK. I am aware that she currently satisfies the SOL requirement. However, I am aware that it could be possible for an employer to sponsor her and we could obtain a visa this way.

I am also a recent law graduate, currently working as a Legal Clerk within a regional law firm, but due to the current climate is struggling to locate any graduates to become an official solicitor. Basically now, I am doing the job as a solicitor without the title.

In terms of sponsorship, can any anyone advise of the best websites to look for potential employers for my wife. I have already located Seek.com which seems really good given the various agencies.

Alternatively, could anybody recommend the best course of action i.e. apply for skilled workers independently, stick it out and look for sponsorship, or use the services of an agency.

Kind Regards

Old Sep 14th 2010, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to Begin? (New Member)

Originally Posted by axwell
Hi

Me and my wife have recently made the decision that its time to move from the UK and over to Australia.

My wife is a PE Teacher and currently head of year at a Secondary School in the UK. I am aware that she currently satisfies the SOL requirement. However, I am aware that it could be possible for an employer to sponsor her and we could obtain a visa this way.

I am also a recent law graduate, currently working as a Legal Clerk within a regional law firm, but due to the current climate is struggling to locate any graduates to become an official solicitor. Basically now, I am doing the job as a solicitor without the title.

In terms of sponsorship, can any anyone advise of the best websites to look for potential employers for my wife. I have already located Seek.com which seems really good given the various agencies.

Alternatively, could anybody recommend the best course of action i.e. apply for skilled workers independently, stick it out and look for sponsorship, or use the services of an agency.

Kind Regards

There are two major resources in my knowledge.
First one is http://www.immi.gov.au/
And second is www.google.com
Old Sep 14th 2010, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to Begin? (New Member)

If you had an employer lined up then it would be the quickest way to get your visa, however ifrom what I have read on here there is no particular shortage of teachers in Australia and so finding a sponsor could be hard. There is a specific teachers forum area on BE, perhaps ypu would find some ideas of where to start looking on there if you don't get anything here.

The independent route takes longer but might be easier than finding an employer! If you meet the points requirement and have recent work experience (your OH that is), then the next thing to do is skills assessment.