whats the best visa for me

Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:16 am
Just Joined

joelewsley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default whats the best visa for me

Hello people, just needed some help in finding the best visa. I'm currently living in OZ with me OZ fiance. I'm a 25 years old english man. I'm here on a working holiday visa which runs out mid january. If we get married does that mean I can stay, how long does it take and so on. My skill is on the skills list and Ive got my ARTC and my employer is willing to sponsor me. What is the easiest way.
Thanks people
Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats the best visa for me

Originally Posted by joelewsley
Hello people, just needed some help in finding the best visa. I'm currently living in OZ with me OZ fiance. I'm a 25 years old english man. I'm here on a working holiday visa which runs out mid january. If we get married does that mean I can stay, how long does it take and so on. My skill is on the skills list and Ive got my ARTC and my employer is willing to sponsor me. What is the easiest way.
Thanks people
If your employer is willing to sponsor you, and can/will sponsor you for permanent residency then that's the best route as you will get PR straight away.
The alternative route is to get married, then apply for an onshore spouse visa. This will put you on a temp spouse visa for two years before it becomes permanent. The main catch with this is that if the marriage breaks down, you have to leave the country, hence getting PR at once via the skills route is preferable.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:54 am
Just Joined

joelewsley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: whats the best visa for me

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If your employer is willing to sponsor you, and can/will sponsor you for permanent residency then that's the best route as you will get PR straight away.
The alternative route is to get married, then apply for an onshore spouse visa. This will put you on a temp spouse visa for two years before it becomes permanent. The main catch with this is that if the marriage breaks down, you have to leave the country, hence getting PR at once via the skills route is preferable.
thanks for the reply uve bin a great help