Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sponsoring for Pros Marriage Visa after divorce

Sponsoring for Pros Marriage Visa after divorce

Old Jun 16th 2010, 9:01 am
Just Joined

rks009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsoring for Pros Marriage Visa after divorce

Originally Posted by tking
Have a look at the Prospective Marriage Visa on www.immi.gov.au - it allows your partner to enter Australia and you then have 9 months in which to tie the knot! May be cheaper overall than a student visa if you're already sure about the relationship!

Also, depending on your partner's nationality she may be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa.

Good luck.
coul u help me please i am nwe to this thread.
I am residing in India and my fiance is living in
Australia as a permanent residence with a valid Australian passport.she have got divorced now So we have decided to get married.could you please help me to know should she apply for Prospective Marriage Visa - Subclass 300 to get me sponsored for Australia so that we can
get married there

or there is some another right way
Thanks
Old Jun 16th 2010, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Default Re: visa query for girlfriend to stay in australia, please help

Originally Posted by Elmo2552
Hi there, we approached a migration agent last week as my boyfriend has PR and is going to sponsor me. We have been together 18 months but not sure we can prove living together forover a year( joint lease, bills etc) he said that if we have trouble proving it then we can apply for another visa which is basically an intention to marry. If u get engaged it gives u another nine months in the country. You do not have to get married at the end of the nine months as you can then apply for the de facto visa. If this is something you may have thought of doing further down the line anyway then it might be an option to just bring an engagement forward??! Hope this helps
hello all
Australia as a permanent residence with a valid Australian passport.
she have got divorced around three monts ago So we have decided to get married.
i would like to know should she apply for Prospective Marriage
Visa - Subclass 300 to get me sponsored for Australia so that we can
get married there

or there is some another right way.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 9:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rks009
hello all
Australia as a permanent residence with a valid Australian passport.
she have got divorced around three monts ago So we have decided to get married.
i would like to know should she apply for Prospective Marriage
Visa - Subclass 300 to get me sponsored for Australia so that we can
get married there

or there is some another right way.
You apply, she doesn't. There was a rule that there had to be a 12 month break between partners I believe but I don't know if that's changed. Take a read of Booklet 1, should give you all the info you require, whatever visa anyone goes for should first off download the respective booklet and study it every which way then check back here for additional information.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 3:50 am
Just Joined

Default Re: partner to live in aus

Originally Posted by spottydog
Do you not have bank statements, council tax bills, wage slips etc. addressed to the same address at the same time for both of you (not necessarily in joint names) and airline tickets with seats next to each other/same flight etc.

Have a good search on here as many have got defacto visa's without using the standard lease type proof.
Could you help me

my fiance ( a permanent resident in australia)wants to sponsor me for Prospective Marriage visa , she has been divorsed 2 month back is she eligible for sponsoring or is there should be a gap of 1 year for this.

Please reply..................Thanks
Old Jun 17th 2010, 3:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You apply, she doesn't. There was a rule that there had to be a 12 month break between partners I believe but I don't know if that's changed. Take a read of Booklet 1, should give you all the info you require, whatever visa anyone goes for should first off download the respective booklet and study it every which way then check back here for additional information.
thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,could some body else confirm about the tome persiod eligibility for remarriage after divorse for sponsoring me for Prospective Marriage visa.

thanks
Old Jun 17th 2010, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Could you help me

my fiance ( a permanent resident in australia)wants to sponsor me for Prospective Marriage visa , she has been divorsed 2 month back is she eligible for sponsoring or is there should be a gap of 1 year for this.

Please reply..................Thanks
It is not necessary for her to have a gap between divorce and sponsoring a new partner as such and that is not really the key question here.

The real consideration is whether she also sponsored the previous partner (now divorced) or obtained her own PR through sponsorship. In those cases there are some limitations. See link, scroll down to the section on "limitations on sponsroship".

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sh...partners.htm#e
Old Jun 17th 2010, 4:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Australia as a permanent residence with a valid Australian passport.she have got divorced now So we have decided to get married.could you please help me to know should she apply for Prospective Marriage Visa - Subclass 300 to get me sponsored for Australia so that we can
get married there

Thanks
She cannot be PR with an Aussie passport - if she has an Aussie passport she must be a citizen
Old Jun 17th 2010, 4:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsoring for Pros Marriage Visa after divorce

get married there

Thanks

I've merged your posts from two older threads into this new one. Far easier to discuss all in one place