What is SIR

Old Aug 6th 2004, 10:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is SIR

Originally posted by Wozza

I have finally managed to speak to my agent and she has told me that because of the changes made on July 1st, she has recommended applying under SIR whilst still waiting for news from my original application. She said I can fill out the app's for as many regions as I wish under this SIR scheme in readiness. The readiness being if I am not accepted, but am referred to the SIR Scheme. This way I will have a kind of jump start. I assume this is legitimate???
What you are posting does *not* add up.

- Did your application get to DIMIA or or before 14 April?
- Do you meet the basic requirements and have you got 115 or more points?

If the answer to both questions is yes, it's not clear why your agent is talking about the SIR visa as you should be in line to obtain the regular 136 (PR) visa.

My feeling is that there's some missing information or a fundamental misunderstanding somewhere among all of this.

Jeremy
Old Aug 8th 2004, 1:34 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JAJ
What you are posting does *not* add up.

- Did your application get to DIMIA or or before 14 April?
- Do you meet the basic requirements and have you got 115 or more points?

If the answer to both questions is yes, it's not clear why your agent is talking about the SIR visa as you should be in line to obtain the regular 136 (PR) visa.

My feeling is that there's some missing information or a fundamental misunderstanding somewhere among all of this.

Jeremy
I agree with Jeremy, there is something going on that your agent is not telling you. Is there any reason while you should not be granted your 136? your agent is probably just covering all angles, but it does put worry into you mind that there might be something wrong. I think that this is the sime for some straight talking by your agent, I get the feeling that she is brushing you off with waffle. The thing you should do is ask for your case number, then you can make a few enquiries of your own to fid out if she is ballshitting you.

Best of luck

Lucy
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Wozza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lucyemma5
I agree with Jeremy, there is something going on that your agent is not telling you. Is there any reason while you should not be granted your 136? your agent is probably just covering all angles, but it does put worry into you mind that there might be something wrong. I think that this is the sime for some straight talking by your agent, I get the feeling that she is brushing you off with waffle. The thing you should do is ask for your case number, then you can make a few enquiries of your own to fid out if she is ballshitting you.

Best of luck

Lucy
Thanks again guys for your help and input with this.

I am informed by my agent that my application was received at DIMIA on 5/3/04 and yes, I do have 115 points. I believe my agent has suggested the SIR scheme should I fail to meet other requirements for whatever reason. Then doing this would save time later by applying for this scheme as my age is against me as I will be 40 in April and therefore need to get in whatever I can I guess before then, else I lose points and would not be able to qualify. I would like to call DIMIA, but would not know what to ask for to find out if my application is being processed. Maybe someone reading this could tell me what I need to ask and the best route of contact? I have asked her if there is a case file number and she says she has not heard anything from them other than the application has been received and I know the cheque has been cash too by DIMIA. I'm regretting using an agent now as I feel out of the loop so to speak, but now I have paid for it all I feel I should stick with it. HELP!!!

Woz.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:00 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wozza

I am informed by my agent that my application was received at DIMIA on 5/3/04 and yes, I do have 115 points. I believe my agent has suggested the SIR scheme should I fail to meet other requirements for whatever reason. Then doing this would save time later by applying for this scheme as my age is against me as I will be 40 in April and therefore need to get in whatever I can I guess before then, else I lose points and would not be able to qualify. I would like to call DIMIA, but would not know what to ask for to find out if my application is being processed. Maybe someone reading this could tell me what I need to ask and the best route of contact? I have asked her if there is a case file number and she says she has not heard anything from them other than the application has been received and I know the cheque has been cash too by DIMIA. I'm regretting using an agent now as I feel out of the loop so to speak, but now I have paid for it all I feel I should stick with it. HELP!!!

Woz.
Woz

Seems like you should get through no probs, because you applied before the pass mark went up. I would hang fire a minute with the SIR until you know what is happening with your 136 visa.

For enquiries relating to general skilled migration applications made through the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre (ASPC). [email protected]

If your cheque has been cashed they definately have received your application, send them a quick email to find out your situation, they may take a few days to respond. Desn't it just piss you off because your agent should alreadly have done this. She seems about as much use as tits on a fish!!

Regards

Lucy
Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:26 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Woz

She seems about as much use as tits on a fish!!
I've never heard that one before, it's hilarious!!!!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:07 pm
Dancing Queen

Originally Posted by bridiej
I've never heard that one before, it's hilarious!!!!
OR about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

OR about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike!

Well I've emailed off to '[email protected]' as you suggested Lucy. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what they say now. Don't really like the sound of this SIR scheme, too many restrictions. Anyway, if people have their hearts set on a particular area of Australia, then surely the immigration service must be aware that some people thatdon't qualify under the new points system will use the SIR scheme just to get in, do their time and then move to wherever they want afterwards. Maybe they just hope people will learn to like where they have chosen to live under the scheme and stay there - who knows eh?!?!?

Woz.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 11:23 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds to me like you definitely need to do some digging.

If you have 115 points, then there is *no* reason you should be considering SIR unless your agent thinks that for some reason you don't meet the basic requirements. Although if you read the Skilled Migration Booklet you should get a fairly clear view on this.

And if an application was received on 5th March, a file number should *definitely* be in existence and you need to find out what this is. If necessary you should ring Adelaide yourself just to find this out - they should tell you.

I know we're only getting one side of the story here, but it sounds to me like you need to get some very specific answers from your agent especially to the following questions:

- what's the file number in Adelaide
- why is SIR being suggested when it appears the pass mark is met.

Jeremy

Woz.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
It sounds to me like you definitely need to do some digging.

If you have 115 points, then there is *no* reason you should be considering SIR unless your agent thinks that for some reason you don't meet the basic requirements. Although if you read the Skilled Migration Booklet you should get a fairly clear view on this.

And if an application was received on 5th March, a file number should *definitely* be in existence and you need to find out what this is. If necessary you should ring Adelaide yourself just to find this out - they should tell you.

I know we're only getting one side of the story here, but it sounds to me like you need to get some very specific answers from your agent especially to the following questions:

- what's the file number in Adelaide
- why is SIR being suggested when it appears the pass mark is met.

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy.

I have emailed '[email protected]' asking them if the application has been given a case number. I hope this is the right address to email and if not, maybe they will be able to point me in the right direction. I am sure they get swamped with emails and so will leave it with them for three or four days to see if I get a reply, if not, I'll call Adelaide. I guess my next question would be - do you have a good telephone number to call?!?!?

Thanks for your help.

Woz.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:57 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Woz,

What details did you provide to the ASPC? They will need your full name and date of birth to have a chance of tracking your visa application ...

Best regards.

Thanks Jeremy.

I have emailed '[email protected]' asking them if the application has been given a case number. I hope this is the right address to email and if not, maybe they will be able to point me in the right direction. I am sure they get swamped with emails and so will leave it with them for three or four days to see if I get a reply, if not, I'll call Adelaide. I guess my next question would be - do you have a good telephone number to call?!?!?

Thanks for your help.

Woz.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Woz,

What details did you provide to the ASPC? They will need your full name and date of birth to have a chance of tracking your visa application ...

Best regards.
Alan.
I gave them my full name and address and my agents full details too. Didn't think to give my DOB. Have youhad any success with emailing this department?

Regards,

Warren
Old Aug 10th 2004, 12:51 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

A number of times, but our clients are advised of their visa file reference as soon as we know it, and so the problem you are encountering generally doesn't arise ...

Best regards.

Alan.
I gave them my full name and address and my agents full details too. Didn't think to give my DOB. Have youhad any success with emailing this department?

Regards,

Warren
Old Aug 10th 2004, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
A number of times, but our clients are advised of their visa file reference as soon as we know it, and so the problem you are encountering generally doesn't arise ...

Best regards.
Maybe I'll have some luck with them then. Thanks for the reply. The way things are going though I think my application has been doomed from the start!

Woz.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Maybe I'll have some luck with them then. Thanks for the reply. The way things are going though I think my application has been doomed from the start!

Woz.
Just an update.

I emailed George Lombard (top man!) and asked him waht he thought of my situation and he replied staright away giving reassurance that it is quite likely that my application is still being processed as they are still clearing applications from December! I do feel a little relieved, but still not happy that my own agent is not able to tell me this. He did also state that agents do have tel numbers to DIMIA to make enquiries. When I ask my agent if she could call DIMIA to find out what is going on, I get no responce. Not impressed.
That said, I guess I just wait, but for how long? Does anyone know of a decent telephone number I can use to contact DIMIA just to ask if I have a case file number?

Many thanks
Woz
Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:19 am
Migration Agent

Woz,

- I'd not recommend making that telephone call ... I can imagine the short shrift you will get from a hassled DIMIA employee ... :-((

- The bottom line is that your agent should be exchanging an email with the ASPC to verify your visa file reference. 'tis not an envious position in which you seem to find yourself ...

Good luck.

Just an update.

I emailed George Lombard (top man!) and asked him waht he thought of my situation and he replied staright away giving reassurance that it is quite likely that my application is still being processed as they are still clearing applications from December! I do feel a little relieved, but still not happy that my own agent is not able to tell me this. He did also state that agents do have tel numbers to DIMIA to make enquiries. When I ask my agent if she could call DIMIA to find out what is going on, I get no responce. Not impressed.
That said, I guess I just wait, but for how long? Does anyone know of a decent telephone number I can use to contact DIMIA just to ask if I have a case file number?

Many thanks
Woz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.