What is SIR

Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Wozza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is SIR

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Woz,

- I'd not recommend making that telephone call ... I can imagine the short shrift you will get from a hassled DIMIA employee ... :-((

- The bottom line is that your agent should be exchanging an email with the ASPC to verify your visa file reference. 'tis not an envious position in which you seem to find yourself ...

Good luck.
Alan.

This is my dilemma. I don't want to hassle anyone. Quite happy to let things go on - as they should. However, when I originally applied, my ASC assessment got 'lost' and took nearly six months to find and ok it. It has now been over 5 months since DIMIA have received my application as a skilled independant and taken payment. Since then I have heard nothing, nor has my agent. I would have at least expected to have been given a case file number or something to say something is happening and I guess I'm just fearing the worst again and maybe something has got 'lost' again. There must surely be a way of finding out this information that would not interfere with the application process?

Regards,

Woz.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Can anyone confirm whether or not it is the case that registered migration agents do have a telephone number or numbers they can use to contact DIMIA with reference to applications? I am referring to numbers that us mere potential migrants would not have access to. I would like to know this so I can ask my agent why she is not making any enquiries about my ongoing wait.

TIA.

Woz.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:59 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Most registered migration agents do have the contact details to make enquiries with ASPC. Not so must to 'pester' ASPC with 'can I have an update please' when a case is within published processing times, but in a case where there is a genuine reason to follow up it is of course possible to do so.

The bottom line for you is that you need to satisfy yourself that your application was delivered and receipted at DIMIA before 14th April. Why not just not ring/email ASPC (and keep doing so until you get an answer) - or your agent should be doing that for you.

Jeremy

Originally Posted by Wozza
Can anyone confirm whether or not it is the case that registered migration agents do have a telephone number or numbers they can use to contact DIMIA with reference to applications? I am referring to numbers that us mere potential migrants would not have access to. I would like to know this so I can ask my agent why she is not making any enquiries about my ongoing wait.

TIA.

Woz.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Most registered migration agents do have the contact details to make enquiries with ASPC. Not so must to 'pester' ASPC with 'can I have an update please' when a case is within published processing times, but in a case where there is a genuine reason to follow up it is of course possible to do so.

The bottom line for you is that you need to satisfy yourself that your application was delivered and receipted at DIMIA before 14th April. Why not just not ring/email ASPC (and keep doing so until you get an answer) - or your agent should be doing that for you.

Jeremy
Jaj.

Thanks. I don't seem to be getting anywhere with my agent as she keeps dodging the question when I ask her if there is a way she can find out if it is at least being processed and if so, where is the case file number. I have emailed [email protected] requesting the info. I hope this is the right address? I haven't heard anything back and that was three days ago.

Woz.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wozza
Jaj.

Thanks. I don't seem to be getting anywhere with my agent as she keeps dodging the question when I ask her if there is a way she can find out if it is at least being processed and if so, where is the case file number. I have emailed [email protected] requesting the info. I hope this is the right address? I haven't heard anything back and that was three days ago.

Woz.
Finally! I received an email back stating an acknowledment letter was sent to my agent on 17/3/04, just 12 days after it was received at DIMIA. This came with the file number too. So it does appear that origially it must have got lost in the post. at last a sigh of relief!!

Woz.