What if the visa expires?

Old Aug 12th 2004, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

jmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nice
Default What if the visa expires?

Hello
1st time post.I gained the independant Visa in 97 and went to Aus in that year for a couple of weeks intending on going back after selling up.But did not manage to get there through circumstances and unfortunatly the visa expierd.Now i want to go but will I need to apply again?

jmistry
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: What if the visa expires?

I think you will have to apply again..I dont think a Residents Return Visa is possible. Good Luck.

SS
Old Aug 12th 2004, 3:24 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm pretty certain you have to start again I'm afraid!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 4:56 pm
Dean Chapman

Yes,
Dean.

"jmistry" <member27646@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > Hello
    > 1st time post.I gained the independant Visa in 97 and went to Aus in
    > that year for a couple of weeks intending on going back after selling
    > up.But did not manage to get there through circumstances and
    > unfortunatly the visa expierd.Now i want to go but will I need to
    > apply again?
    > jmistry
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 12th 2004, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

jmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nicejmistry is just really nice

Thanks for the replies.

Ok back to re-applying,I have noticed things have changed since I last applyed (Manchester) is it true you have to send all to Adelaide?

Jmistry
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:13 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough

Yes Adelaide it is. I guess if it was 1997 when you applied for your last visa it would be wise to check out the DIMIA web site for all the changes.

Good luck,

Chris
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:39 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of things have changed in the system, including the place of processing.
Just because you qualified for migration in 1997 does not mean you will qualify today.

If you only spent a few weeks in Australia in 1997 and didn't settle there, I'd say there's little or no chance of a successful Resident Return Visa application unless there are some very special circumstances you haven't mentioned. The Australian government does expect people to use their visas once granted.

Jeremy

Originally Posted by jmistry
Thanks for the replies.

Ok back to re-applying,I have noticed things have changed since I last applyed (Manchester) is it true you have to send all to Adelaide?

Jmistry