What is GROUP A , GROUP B in ACS

Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:59 am
Jms

Default What is GROUP A , GROUP B in ACS

hey there i have been going thru the threads. i need a little
clarification

what criteria's put a person under group A or Group B or group C.
i would like to know so that i can get an idea in what group i come
under.
plz kindly reply

jms

Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

sylviacrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is GROUP A , GROUP B in ACS

Originally Posted by Jms
hey there i have been going thru the threads. i need a little
clarification

what criteria's put a person under group A or Group B or group C.
i would like to know so that i can get an idea in what group i come
under.
plz kindly reply

jms
There is a document in ACS's Web site, that describes Occupational Classification
Look for it at:
http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm
(I have an old version of it, called PIMGuidelines*****)

It defines the groups:

GROUP A
*Qualifications Criteria
Courses must contain at least a major in IT, and a predominant objective should be to educate persons to be professionals in IT.
*Experience Criteria
Applicants in Group A must have at least four (4) equivalent years of full-time relevant IT professional experience prior to the date of their application for Pre Application Skills Assessment (PASA).

GROUP B
Experience Criteria
Applicants in Group B must have at least six (6) equivalent years of full-time relevant IT professional experience prior to the date of their application for PASA.

There is a lot more detail in the document, including the 'ASCO' Codes you will have to see which one U fit in.
Sylvia.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What is GROUP A , GROUP B in ACS

Roughly it's the minimum number of years experience you need for assessment depending on the qualifications you have.

If your degree is IT (or mainly IT) or you are a professional member of the BCS then you need 4 years work experience to get a positive assessment.

If your degree has some IT (i.e. French and Computing, where IT is less than 50%) or you have an MCSE/MCSD then you need 6 years of work experience for the assessment.

Group C I think is Aussie qualifications.

I got an assessment under Group A (BSc Maths, MSc IT) and my other half got an assessment under group B (BSc Maths & Physics, MCSE)

Have a look at the ACS guidelines (website as mentionned by Sylvia) for full details.

HTH

Anne